🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
jsena
Community Member

That's my question as well 🙂 Upwork may I know how many videos in total are you going to upload on your playlist because I didn't find myself on those video tho? Thank you.

yonelyn
Community Member

Most of the pictures in the billboards are article writing, writing, content, design how about us Virtual Assistant. 

guillegalaviz
Community Member

or translators 😞

sujits
Community Member

Wow.. congrats Upwork. I watched few videos (there are 18 I think), but couldn't find myself. I may not have been featured I think. Anyway best of luck to all those who were featured. I have few queries
1) Is 18 videos all or they are going to add few more?
2) Did anyone recieve mail so far from Upwork saying they have been featured in the campaign?

Thanks

remo_azmy
Community Member

Congratulations guys. What a great move  However, watched the 18 videos and couldn't find myself! What a disappointment! 

christine-sem
Community Member
I can’t believe! It’s me! In beginning of the video
Thanks Upwork and Congratulations!!!
wylan
Community Member

Hi Christina, I was wondering if they inform you in the email that you were featured in the video campaign?

christine-sem
Community Member
Hi Wylan, yes and link
jesparas
Community Member

Been a contractor since 2008 (oDesk; 10+ years) but never got an email to have a chance to get featured anywhere. 😞 

bogdanovski_vik
Community Member

Congratulations!