🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork has transitioned from a private to pub...
Page options

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

lenaellis
Community Member

We are excited to share the news that today Upwork became a public company.  We are so grateful and appreciative of the freelancers and clients who sailed this journey with us and believe in Upwork and our role in the future of work. You are helping us fulfill our vision of a world where people can work without limits.

As an Upwork customer you may be wondering how this news may change the Upwork platform. The move from a private company to a public one will not change how Upwork operates. Your experience stays the same and we are not considering any pricing or fee changes at this time.  We’re committed to our mission of creating more economic opportunities so people have better lives. This public offering will allow us to continue to invest in our business and our mission.

We are extremely proud of this moment, and we hope you share this pride alongside us. At Nasdaq today, we brought you with us as we celebrate, knowing our users are the core of our business. This would not have been possible without all of you. We are only successful if you are. This is truly a joint effort.

18-09-Times-Square-Nasdaq-Mockup_Twitter_440x220@2x.png

Also check out this blog post about our ad campaign in Times Square, NY, featuring freelancers.

Click here to read our blog post, which includes a letter from our CEO Stephane Kasriel.

From all of us at Upwork, Thank you!

Let us know if you have any questions.

125 Comments
researchediting
Community Member

@Petra R wrote:

@Vlad G wrote:

It was fair to distribute some shares between top-rated freelancers as they are the reason why this platform has success, we have paid so many fees.

It was an amazing marketing tool for you guys and a great way of showing that you actually care about users not just about money.

????????? Shares were distributed between top-rated freelancers ?????? 

I think this is a reference not to shares of stock, but the "Pick me! pick me!" and "Why didn't you pick me?" subtopic.

Not true in any event. Nothing was "distributed." Marketing picked the pictures/profiles that fit their marketing plan.

paulb2112
Community Member

Evidently! lol. 🙂

gomez_maria
Community Member

@Izabela M

How did you do it? Are you in the US? I'm in a different country, can I still get shares? And how much is it? Thanks!

dreamingfilms
Community Member

Does someone know an online broker who sells this stock? Posibblu buyig through Payoneer's Mastercard

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Flavio,

Upwork stock is available for purchase via the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol, UPWK. You can learn more on this page.

Thank you.