cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

Sabrin A Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
101 of 124

Yeah it's extremely dissapointing, I have been with this platform for over 7 years, since the odesk times, over 400k earned and over 11,000 hours worked...

Curious to know who actually was in charge of picking the freelancers, cause most of the veterans were left out.

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
102 of 124

Marketing is all about using the right images, not using the images from freelancers that are successful.

I would select a cross section of gender and ethnic groups.

I would only select photos that looked professional.

If I were working on the campaign, it would be all about the images that support my message.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
103 of 124

It doesn't matter who was on the screen. Nobody will remember the faces and the names anyway. What matters is the exposure it gives to Upwork and the name of the company being displayed on Time Square.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
sujit s Member Since: Dec 10, 2017
104 of 124

Wow.. congrats Upwork. I watched few videos (there are 18 I think), but couldn't find myself. I may not have been featured I think. Anyway best of luck to all those who were featured. I have few queries
1) Is 18 videos all or they are going to add few more?
2) Did anyone recieve mail so far from Upwork saying they have been featured in the campaign?

Thanks

Remon R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
105 of 124

Congratulations guys. What a great move  However, watched the 18 videos and couldn't find myself! What a disappointment! 

Christina G Member Since: Oct 6, 2018
106 of 124
I can’t believe! It’s me! In beginning of the video
Thanks Upwork and Congratulations!!!
Wylan O Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
107 of 124

Hi Christina, I was wondering if they inform you in the email that you were featured in the video campaign?

Christina G Member Since: Oct 6, 2018
108 of 124
Hi Wylan, yes and link
Jery E Member Since: May 4, 2015
109 of 124

Been a contractor since 2008 (oDesk; 10+ years) but never got an email to have a chance to get featured anywhere. Smiley Sad 

Viktor B Member Since: Sep 17, 2017
110 of 124

Congratulations!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS