Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork has transitioned from a private to public company

Ace Contributor
Vinod M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
111 of 124

Hi Lena,

I think many Top Rated and old freelancers like me are disappointed by not getting featured in the ad campaign. Actually, it wasn't a small move rather it's a historical moment that upwork has transitioned from private to a public which gave this ad campaign a more importance than usual ads campaign. If there could be any criteria to get featured and if we fail to pass that then we would have understand it but randomly selecting people doesn't make any sense and lots of disappointmentSmiley Sad.Smiley Sad 

I don't know how upwork will care about our disappointment but hope in coming days they may send some greetings/certificates or something else to all old and Top rated freelancer which will motivate them to keep doing good work.

Thanks,

Vinod 

Jacquelene S Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
112 of 124

We have the same sentiment.

Stephen A Member Since: May 10, 2018
113 of 124

I am just another top rated Smiley LOL

Ace Contributor
Daniyal A Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
114 of 124

It's pretty much disappointing for me to see the freelancers in the campaign who might done 20-30 jobs as compared to freelancers who have been working here from the nearly decade (Thousands of earnings and hundreds of reviews/jobs).

I think it's completely un-justice to do that, there should be a proper mechanism to select a freelancer for these kinds of campaigns, otherwise, you're de-motivating your "Actual" top rated freelancers. Smiley Embarassed

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
115 of 124

@Daniyal A wrote:

It's pretty much disappointing for me to see the freelancers in the campaign who might done 20-30 jobs as compared to freelancers who have been working here from the nearly decade (Thousands of earnings and hundreds of reviews/jobs).

I think it's completely un-justice to do that, there should be a proper mechanism to select a freelancer for these kinds of campaigns, otherwise, you're de-motivating your "Actual" top rated freelancers. Smiley Embarassed

Why? Do you really think anyone would notice and remember any on the heads spinning on the billboard and then log in Upwork to hire them?

Have you seen the videos?

This campaign was an advertisement for Upwork as a platform, not for the people on the billboard.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Jacquelene S Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
116 of 124

I can feel his sentiment and other top-rated freelancers tho. It's just a matter of recognition that we like to have as veterans here on Upwork like a win-win situation for Upwork and us as a more-than-a-decade top-rated freelancers. Just like a simple gesture of appreciation from Upwork tho not actually to get noticed and get hired by people that can see our face in NY Times Square. 

Ace Contributor
Daniyal A Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
117 of 124

No way, I am not thinking like that... It's pretty obvious no one gonna hire like this. It's just the matter of appreciation. Like YT sends play button.. so it's doesn't gonna change that channel views - just appericiation of your hard work. That's it!

Joan T Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
118 of 124

The share price opened at USD10 per share and now it is valued at USD19-21 per share. The debt to equity ratio is that Upwork has more debt to equity (which makes sense before they were listed they probably took out loans to fund for their assest and so on). 

There is no financial statements yet as this is a newly listed company. I will probably be buying 5 shares (around USD100). Now all I gotta do is to find a client to pay me USD300 haha and I can cover the cost and possibly buy more shares. 

I really think it is a good company. (been here from Elance and I have heard the partnership was a great thing) And 3 years later they are listed. I am so proud to be an Upworker! Smiley Happy 

Vlad G Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
119 of 124

It was fair to distribute some shares between top-rated freelancers as they are the reason why this platform has success, we have paid so many fees.

It was an amazing marketing tool for you guys and a great way of showing that you actually care about users not just about money.

Cheers.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
120 of 124

@Vlad G wrote:

It was fair to distribute some shares between top-rated freelancers as they are the reason why this platform has success, we have paid so many fees.

It was an amazing marketing tool for you guys and a great way of showing that you actually care about users not just about money.

????????? Shares were distributed between top-rated freelancers ??????

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS