🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork to provide $1 million in grants for bu...
Page options

Upwork to provide $1 million in grants for businesses

lenaellis
Community Member

Today Upwork is launching our Work Together Talent Grants!

Upwork is giving $1 million in talent grants to help businesses hire top professionals from Upwork for projects that counter the impact of COVID-19.

These grants will be used to assist projects whose mission is directly tied to mitigating COVID-19’s devastating impact on individuals, communities and economies across the world. There are so many ways to help and no project is too big or too small to have a meaningful impact. If you would like to learn more about the Work Together Talent Grant or would like to apply for a talent grant of up to $25,000, go to https://www.upwork.com/worktogether

The $1 Million in talent grants will be distributed on an ongoing basis until all funds are awarded. Grant recipients will be chosen based on the merit of the application and the contribution of the proposed work to the COVID-19 response.  An Upwork representative will reach out to you directly if you are awarded a grant.

To learn more about the eligibility requirements, please visit https://www.upwork.com/legal#worktogether

Find additional FAQS below:

What is a Work Together Talent Grant?

It’s essentially an Upwork credit that you never need to pay back. If your project is selected to receive a Work Together Talent Grant, our team will match you directly with remote professional(s) who have the specialized skills you need, and the grant funds pay for some or all of their time to help propel the effort.

How much grant money is my business eligible to receive?

Work Together Talent Grants come in various amounts up to $25,000. The amount of each grant is determined based on each project’s scope.

Who is eligible for Talent Grants?

Work Together Talent Grants are available to both existing and new clients, however, new clients must create an account at Upwork.com prior to applying. 

What types of projects are eligible for Work Together Talent Grants?

We’re looking to assist projects whose mission is tied directly to mitigating COVID-19’s devastating impact on individuals, communities and economies everywhere. There are so many ways to help and no project is too big or too small to have a meaningful impact.

Are Work Together Talent Grants available to for-profit organizations?

Yes. Our goal is to provide the in-demand talent needed to help all types of businesses as they work to counter the impacts of COVID-19.

49 Comments
3bd39c11
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I submitted my Upwork grant applciation this evening, but I have not received an email confirmation.  Can you advise if you did indeed recieve my request?  It would have been submitted for Inspirame Inc.  If you don't have it, I'd be happy to resubmit, I just want to ensure I don't triple submit, as I already submitted it twice today.

Thank you in advance!

Maria Medrano

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

70c32742
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I have trouble with submitting the application form online for the Work Together Talent Grant. It always says "Please complete all required * fields to ensure we will be able to process your request." But I checked so many times and I did completed all the required fields. Can you please kindly help me to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

dac4430a
Community Member

Hi Lena,

I am trying to submit my application but it keeps asking me to complete all required fields, which i have.

Can you please advise how i can proceed with the application?

Thanks,

Charmaine

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Jack and Charmain,

Thanks for sharing your concern in the Community and I'm sorry to hear you were unable to submit your application. Please note that we currently don't have an issue that is preventing grant submission via the landing page and we weren't able to replicate the error message you reported. Could you please clear your browser's cache and cookies, try using a different browser and let us know if you were able to submit your applications?  You can also try opening an incognito window in Chrome > navigating to the grant page > and attempt to submit the application once more. 

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the question! I checked and can confirm we have successfully received your grant application (both times :)) and it's currently under review. 

Please note that Upwork will notify selected clients using the email address included in the application and provide you with a copy of the Grant Agreement. We plan to review applications on a rolling basis and let applicants know whether they have been awarded a grant (or not) within two weeks. See the program’s terms and conditions here. Have a great day and good luck!

hasan-ikbal
Community Member
How to get Upwork EIN NUMBER???
REPLY FAST
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hasan I wrote:
How to get Upwork EIN NUMBER???
REPLY FAST

What is your intention with upwork's employer identification number?

hasan-ikbal
Community Member
Actually im filling upwork talent grant application, where they ask me for
tax id/EIN .SO, Please guide me what should I do???
VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Hasan,

Please add your Tax ID number in that field. Thank you.

hasan-ikbal
Community Member
Which tax id ????