🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upwork to provide $1 million in grants for bu...
Page options

Upwork to provide $1 million in grants for businesses

lenaellis
Community Member

Today Upwork is launching our Work Together Talent Grants!

Upwork is giving $1 million in talent grants to help businesses hire top professionals from Upwork for projects that counter the impact of COVID-19.

These grants will be used to assist projects whose mission is directly tied to mitigating COVID-19’s devastating impact on individuals, communities and economies across the world. There are so many ways to help and no project is too big or too small to have a meaningful impact. If you would like to learn more about the Work Together Talent Grant or would like to apply for a talent grant of up to $25,000, go to https://www.upwork.com/worktogether

The $1 Million in talent grants will be distributed on an ongoing basis until all funds are awarded. Grant recipients will be chosen based on the merit of the application and the contribution of the proposed work to the COVID-19 response.  An Upwork representative will reach out to you directly if you are awarded a grant.

To learn more about the eligibility requirements, please visit https://www.upwork.com/legal#worktogether

Find additional FAQS below:

What is a Work Together Talent Grant?

It’s essentially an Upwork credit that you never need to pay back. If your project is selected to receive a Work Together Talent Grant, our team will match you directly with remote professional(s) who have the specialized skills you need, and the grant funds pay for some or all of their time to help propel the effort.

How much grant money is my business eligible to receive?

Work Together Talent Grants come in various amounts up to $25,000. The amount of each grant is determined based on each project’s scope.

Who is eligible for Talent Grants?

Work Together Talent Grants are available to both existing and new clients, however, new clients must create an account at Upwork.com prior to applying. 

What types of projects are eligible for Work Together Talent Grants?

We’re looking to assist projects whose mission is tied directly to mitigating COVID-19’s devastating impact on individuals, communities and economies everywhere. There are so many ways to help and no project is too big or too small to have a meaningful impact.

Are Work Together Talent Grants available to for-profit organizations?

Yes. Our goal is to provide the in-demand talent needed to help all types of businesses as they work to counter the impacts of COVID-19.

49 Comments
divecc
Community Member
I have submitted the grant application for my AI project to tackle covid 19. Can someone help me to know if application is received and what's the average wait time before I get an status update on same.
Thanks a lot
JoanneP

Hi Divyansh,

Thanks for your question. I checked and can confirm we have received your grant application and it's currently under review. Once that review is final, we will let you know if your project(s) will be awarded grant money. Due to the high volume of applications, this might take several weeks. To see the program’s terms and conditions, click here. Good luck!

c8a2a250
Community Member

Hi Lenna. I submitted my grant application before creating an Upwork account for my company. However, I created an account hours after grant application submission. Will this affect the outcome in any way? Although individual I have been on Upwork for years, as an individual and not as a company.

JoanneP

Hi Livingstone,

I checked and can confirm we have received your grant application and it's currently under review. Once that review is final, we will let you know if your project(s) will be awarded grant money. Due to the high volume of applications, this might take several weeks. To see the program’s terms and conditions, click here. Good luck!

divecc
Community Member
Hi.
Its been around a week since I submitted by application. Can someone please let me know any status of my applicstion. At what stage it is currently?

That'll help a lot. thanks.
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Divyansh,

Thanks for reaching out. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to give status updates. When you submitted your application you should have received a confirmation of receipt. And we will let you know whether you have been awarded a grant (or not) as soon as possible.

Thank you.

1194cfd8
Community Member

Hello Lena!

I submitted an application back in March when this was first announced. I believe you are still awarding grants. I have some important information to add to our application that might help your decision-making process. As time has gone by, we are able to be more specific with how we would use the grant. Is it possible to resubmit for consideration? 

Thank you!

4c90da3c
Community Member

Hello, 

Is it too late to apply for the grant? 

I went on the webpage listed on here but there is no visable link to the appliation. 

JoanneP

Hi Elaine,

All 40 grant recipients have been selected. We received thousands of applications and there were many worthy projects. We appreciate your interest.