cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are here for you- COVID-19 Update

Highlighted
Brittany G Member Since: Mar 25, 2019
91 of 165

Can you temporarily lift the credits requirement for applying to jobs or refund them more quickly when we're not hired? This would be an immense help as with the lower volume of jobs, there are more appliants per job and I'm applying to a lot more, including ones that are much lower than my usual range  to try to even get a single job. 

Highlighted
Diana K Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
92 of 165
Same here. There are fewer jobs, more applicants competing for those jobs,
and what I'm seeing as a lowballing trend that makes it impossible to
compete given the current job fees. Provide extra connects to at least help
struggling freelancers.
Highlighted
Diana K Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
93 of 165

I'm in the same situation. I'm seeing a lot more jobs posted for as little as $5 or $6. By the time you subtract 20%, it's a lost cause. If there's anyone here from Elance days, didn't the job minimum used to be $20?

Highlighted
Michelle Joan T Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
94 of 165
Can you lessen the days for processing the billing report?.. like can you make it 3days in review-3days pending?..
Highlighted
Haseeb M Member Since: Apr 23, 2016
95 of 165

I think in the current situation when people are looking to work more from home, upwork should make connects free for 2 months. So freelancers can bid more and earn more. For 2 months give 60 connects free like before.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
96 of 165

Haseeb M wrote:

I think in the current situation when people are looking to work more from home, upwork should make connects free for 2 months. So freelancers can bid more and earn more. For 2 months give 60 connects free like before.

No. Upwork already has too many freelancers. They need to cater to the ones who actually make them money.

Highlighted
97 of 165

I understand! But right now many clients are leaving and companies are down. So we need to find new clients. So in order to earn more, I think it's good just to flee the fees off from the connects for about one month or 2. After this, they can make the connects paid again.

Highlighted
98 of 165

Its just a suggestion if Upwork authorities can take a look at it and just for some time, change it. It will help us to earn more and accommodate our families more. By bidding more and earning more projects. Thanks!

Highlighted
Aleksandr S Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
99 of 165

does Upwork plan to decrease commission to help freelancers for this not-easy time?
or, for example, to propose a lower commission who earned more than 50K, more than 100K with the same client. >50K - 4%, >100K - 3%, >300K - 2%

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
100 of 165

Aleksandr S wrote:

does Upwork plan to decrease commission to help freelancers for this not-easy time?
or, for example, to propose a lower commission who earned more than 50K, more than 100K with the same client. >50K - 4%, >100K - 3%, >300K - 2%

It's decreased at $10k to 5%.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS