11 of 165

"Slows Things Down".

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
12 of 165

Geoff H wrote:

At the end of the month if my account is more than $1000 then I get paid. If not, I don't. For people who don't get regular work that can mean that we are owed money but will not receive it because the balance is below $1000.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, you can set your payment threshold from $100, $200, and so on up until $1000+.

Have you been on Upwork this long and didn't know this?

Set your payment schedule.png

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Annemarie S Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
13 of 165

I've withdrawn as little as $20 with no problem and not at the end of the month. 

Highlighted
Jolene M Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
14 of 165

Hi Geoff,

In your payment settings, you can set the $$ minimum for automatic payments.  Otherwise, you can manually transfer funds from your account to your bank/card at any $$ amount.  :-)

Jolene

Highlighted
THOMAS M Member Since: May 16, 2017
15 of 165

This is not true unless it's an isolated incident. 

I have made withdrawals of amounts less than $100 and all has been fine 

Highlighted
Amy S Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 165

Hey Geoff! Did you get the email this morning? Upwork is reducing the five-day waiting period on payments on hourly contracts, specifically for Top-Rated freelancers:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Faster-payouts-for-hourly-contracts/m-p/739876

Looking at my upcoming payments, I don't see it applying to my work completed last week, but I'm betting it will definitely apply to hourly work completed this week. Lena's posts says we'll get a notification that money earned last week will be available for manual withdrawal this Friday, so hopefully I'll see that payment schedule get adjusted.

"For Top Rated agencies and freelancers, the earnings for hours that you worked last week will be available to manually withdraw this Friday. You will see a notification under your bell icon and receive an email about the updated payment schedule for your hourly contracts for this week."

Highlighted
Shanell H Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
17 of 165

I totally understand that you are trying to see what works BUT, I am still fired and out of money and having to wait for next week with minimal food and money for children and I. We need help even to make clients release funds in 24 hours instead of a week. I would think that wou;d ne easy to do because as I understood they prepaid into the escrow and upwork holds on to for disburment of payments correct? I dont know I just need help!!!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
18 of 165

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of spreading free money around.

It causes inflation.

Still, an announcement that you are dropping the fee from 20% to 10% for the first $500 would be really cool, and much appreciated!

Such a fee drop would have to be maintained post-COVID, though, cos we won't let you switch it back without making at least some noise about it!

Highlighted
Marie Flor N Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
19 of 165

Yeah, would really appreciate if they could drop the service fee to at least 10% from 20%. That would be a big help to our family especially that my husband had been in no work no pay atm

Highlighted
Diana K Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
20 of 165

I can relate. I have a mortgage to pay and income is starting to dry up. Releasing funds earlier and reducing the job fee would be a huge help at this time. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS