Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are here for you- COVID-19 Update

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Alexei V Member Since: Sep 28, 2016
31 of 165

Could you please update us on the evaluation progress your team is doing on 

"Accelerate receipt of payments. We have heard from many of you a heightened desire to expedite payments from your Upwork clients. We have established an internal task force that is working on how we might do this, and we will keep you posted on these efforts here in the forums."

?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Annemarie S Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
32 of 165

where is this 'instant payment' feature?

Highlighted
Diana K Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
33 of 165

Annemarie - go to Settings and select the Get Paid option. You can sign up for Instant Pay if you want to bypass waiting for funds to be transferred to your bank account, but Instant Pay does incur a $2 fee. 

Highlighted
Jolene M Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
34 of 165

You can access the "Get Paid Now" feature here:

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Wendy T Member Since: Dec 27, 2019
35 of 165

Hi! How do you activate this feauture? Does that mean you don't have to wait a week for every payment?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
36 of 165

Hi Wendy,

Are you referring to fixed price payments or payments on hourly contracts? Once a milestone is approved you will receive your funds after our 5 days security period is finished. To learn more about how you`re getting paid on Hourly contracts, check out this Help Article
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
37 of 165

Wendy T wrote:

Hi! How do you activate this feauture? Does that mean you don't have to wait a week for every payment?

There's no feature to activate. The procedures and timelines for release of funds from escrow, and for payment on hourly jobs, are unchanged.

Upwork is reconsidering whether payment release can be expedited. If it comes up with anything, it will let us know.

Highlighted
Amy S Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
38 of 165

You have to do a one-time setup to get started. From what I remember, I had to enter my debit card number. After a day or two the setup was complete, but after that the payment was literally instant. Very helpful during tight times.

Highlighted
Josh W Member Since: Nov 19, 2015
39 of 165
Agreed. In this climate, getting paid more quickly would help. It’s becoming difficult to wait for five days in order to get funds released.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
40 of 165

I would be grateful that there is an options for clients to release payments in 24 hours. yes, my fiancee supports me when money is not enough, but sometimes she gets short of money and bills come as rain.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS