Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are here for you- COVID-19 Update

Highlighted
Community Leader
Matthew M Member Since: May 22, 2013
61 of 165

The security period could come down. I've never understood why it sits there for five days after the client has released the milestone. In the old days of Elance, this release of funds by the client was seen as immediate authorisation and acknowledgement of work completion and (unless I'm mistaken in my memory) it took mere minutes.

I can only assume Upwork somehow profits from the interest that accrues by keeping our money in an external account as long as possible.

Highlighted
Diana K Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
62 of 165

I agree. I remember when Elance released fees immediately. Waiting five days is really a burden, especially as I rely so much on Upwork income. At least reduce it to two or three days. 

Highlighted
Afrim I Member Since: Dec 16, 2019
63 of 165

I'm proposing three steps for helping us. 

1. Decrease the job fee to 10%

2. Give proposals free

3. Not calculate this time to job score and Top-rated talent badge

Thank you 

Highlighted
Isaac C Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
64 of 165

Would be a nice change if the Upwork staff started thinking of us freelancers for once.

Either reduce service fees to 10-5% or give free connects.

Oh , and please reduce the ridiculous amount of time needed to pay us.

Highlighted
65 of 165

Agreed. Do something to help hardworking freelancers. Reduce the fee, reduce payment release time, or provide free connects, but do something. 

Highlighted
Khaled D Member Since: Apr 19, 2019
66 of 165
Dear Upwork,
I think it's very important to renew the free connects policy, it's a crucial time for many freelancers in the whole world!
Highlighted
Elsa S Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
67 of 165

I totally agree. It's very sad Upwork's atitude. At the end there is always a self-interest.

Highlighted
68 of 165

Other companies/utilities have moved to eliminate late fees, penalties, etc. Upwork still hasn't  taken action beyond discussing reduced payment release times. So what happens when freelancers are forced to stop using the platform because no one can earn anything? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
69 of 165

Hayden, you're such a chad. I like you.

I think you should keep it all the same and keep advertising so we can all make $$$$. More advertising to bring clients in and keeping freelance fees the same is my vote.

I will take faster release of my moneys though. That would be rad.

Highlighted
Melissa D Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
70 of 165

Thanks for considering us on this hard times.

Free connects and reducing the waiting time to get paid would help a lot.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS