cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re excited! Today we announced that we’ve signed an agreement to merge with Elance.

Evan M Member Since: Oct 26, 2013
91 of 219
It sounds like Elance is basically absorbing oDesk, which is unfortunate, because I like everything about oDesk more.
Tatevik S Member Since: Nov 25, 2010
92 of 219
I prefer odesk from Elance, I am freelancer already 5 years, and I was able to find job in Elance only once , whereas I found different job opportunities in Odesk...In Odesk I can free apply to all job categories whereas in Elance I am restricted just to one category at a time...
Sunaina S Member Since: Sep 6, 2009
93 of 219
For me this is not a good news, i don't like elance..
Boaz N Member Since: Aug 3, 2009
94 of 219
Your idea behind the merge is a good one, but only for YOU not freelancers. There is a reason why I like oDesk and HATE Elance. If you take away the choice I have in deciding which marketplace to use, then imitating Amazon and iTunes will FAIL. This is going to open up a new market place that will kill your new venture. I love oDesk, it's buggy yes but I prefer it to ELance. I have accounts on both sites but never used the ELance one, reason. It's not userfriendly. Imagine someone looking for an online job and has to PAY before they can look for work? This is a bad idea and if it eventually materializes into a company, I am creating a marketplace that is better at focusing on freelancers and making their lives easier than just milking money from them. This is one of the worst ideas ever.
Rao Muhammad R Member Since: Jun 17, 2009
95 of 219
Hi CEO, I am Rao Muhammad Rafique using Odesk as freelancer. I am wondering why you are merging Odesk with Elance? I have read the Q&A thread and the summary for the moment is this that mostly the freelancers are not happy with the merger on loosing Odesk personal identity. Same thing happened with VWorker.com. The Vworker.com CEO Ian Ippolito did the same thing. He merged the Vworker with Freelancer. However the Worker itself was the best platform for freelancers. And it resulted in the situation that most of the freelancers and employers left away since the merger took place. I am just a little freelancers neither any HR or business analyst, but I am sure the same thing will happen to both of you . There are lot of people on odesk who love Odesk than Elance like me, will eventually leave the Odesk and of course there will be many people who love Elance than Odesk they will also leave. My respected CEO, please don't loose your personal identity. There are millions of freelancers and employers who love Odesk. I am one of those. Please arrange a survey on Odesk regarding the Merger and soon you will realize that there are millions of freelancers and employers who love to work with Odesk only. This is all for now. Looking forward. Hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Rao Muhammad Rafique ** *"removed by admin"
Arif H Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
96 of 219
Right!
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
97 of 219
[quote=Boaz N.] I love oDesk, it's buggy yes[/quote] :bigsmile: Speaking of bugs, I constantly have problems with oDesk > YIKES! Our servers are on overdrive and this page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later! OR gateway timeout, and many other error messages. I always use Elance to check, and this way make sure it's not my internet. One tab for oDesk and one for Elance > This frustrates me. I still love oDesk, but something needs to be done about the bugs. Maybe CEO Fabio will bring Elance engineer team to oDesk, they could use some help. Still not happy about this merge thing, but it looks like this is really going to happen, they have signed an agreement..so let's look at the good side? Smiley Sad
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
98 of 219
I don't mind the servers going down as much as i very much dislike what i consider childish descriptions of a problem with them. Like yahoo mail with their freaking 'tidy' message. To me those types of messages do not belong on what is suppose to be professional site.
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
99 of 219
Very cool! Explains a lot about what has been going on lately with oDesk
Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
100 of 219
I have been very successful on oDesk and use it for 90% of my contracting. I love oDesk. Please, do not adopt any of elance's practices.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS