Dec 23, 2013 08:14:02 PMEditedOct 30, 2014 04:47:27 PMbyNadia K
Odesk is great because it is useful for all people even those who are not experienced. I personally don't like Elance and other as they are quite strict and not good for new people. Odesk should not merge with them.
Dec 27, 2013 01:42:00 AMEditedOct 30, 2014 04:47:35 PMbyPrem C
I've not work on any job on Elance so on my views i prefer oDesk much more than . Its because I've done almost 30 jobs here and have only had a problem with 1 client. People complain about the low wages, but I would have to disagree. Yes, there are some low paying jobs, which you are free to pass on, but I've gotten a lot of good paying jobs too. I currently work on a pretty regular basis on oDesk, pretty much everyday. Hopefully this merge wont change that...
But I want to see ..what will be good.for me i think...it will be great ..
Jan 4, 2014 09:11:41 PMEditedOct 30, 2014 04:47:42 PMbyGino L
1. oDesk boasts of free membership and skills test while elance asks a fee for almost everything. With the merger coming, it is obvious that elance will not start accepting new freelancers without a fee.
2. oDesk is currently asking a lower "PayPal fee" compared to elance. Same worry, why would elance drop their rates just for this merger.
3. with the merger, elance's boss will be the mergers CEO. The overall boss.
4. This merger will kills oDesk and will transform online works into a paid-membership freelance online workplace.
5. My advice: oDesk should back out, and improve its services instead specially in the areas of job and payment security, and strict screening of verifiable clients (perhaps oDesk should create a window where clients are classified according to their verified form of payment, classified as new or old client-members, etc.
Jan 6, 2014 01:53:13 AMEditedOct 30, 2014 04:47:44 PMbyAnne M
I am not exactly sure how to feel about the merger. When I started freelancing, I first signed up with Elance and I can tell you that for months, I applied for soo many jobs and I still never got even a single job. Until I quit the site and decided to try oDesk. I was able to get opportunities on oDesk and I was able to grow as a freelancer.
In my opinion, the one good thing about this merger is the fact that we can finally get rid of clients who pay poorly for projects (I can't stand cheap clients and I'm tired of them). The one thing that I am uncomfortable with is the fact that people from certain countries may end up not getting jobs at all. So many freelancers in my country who have tried Elance have indicated that they could hardly land a job on the site and not because they were unqualified or incapable.
I can only hope for the best.
Feb 5, 2014 09:45:31 AMEditedOct 30, 2014 05:12:36 PMbyMelissa L
I would like to be able to migrate some profile info and feedback from oDesk to Elance. I have used oDesk almost exclusively but would be willing to pay the fee on Elance - if I didn't have to go through all the same rigamarole as I did on oDesk to appear legitimate and experienced.
Feb 7, 2014 03:41:39 PMEditedOct 30, 2014 05:12:37 PMbyIoana R
Yes, me too for migrating the profile. I am considering applying on some other additional freelancing website, just because it is not good to put your eggs in one basket, and I would definitely use Elance if I did not have to start from scratch, heard it can be very difficult to get a first job there. Does not seem like this whole merger thing offers any real advantages to us freelancers, except the possibility of transferring profile information. Any idea as to when they might happen?
Feb 11, 2014 03:24:24 AMEditedOct 30, 2014 05:25:17 PMbyExp U
Hello Gary Swart,
We are seriously disturbed with " Auto-Hidden " feature. Please remove it. Already 45% contractor has left oDesk.
Please remove it. If you don't remove it, all of your contractors will leave oDesk within next 3 month