cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re excited! Today we announced that we’ve signed an agreement to merge with Elance.

Highlighted
Mollie C Member Since: Apr 23, 2010
21 of 219
David, we appreciate you sharing your concerns. To reassure you, there are no changes in fees or membership structures planned.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
German G Member Since: Jun 16, 2013
22 of 219
I work with Elance and membership is optional. Isn't it? I pay the per-work fee just like here.
Highlighted
Shawn D Member Since: Sep 30, 2009
23 of 219
I can only echo your sentiments, Dave. I too have a sense of dread with this news. Shawn
Highlighted
Mollie C Member Since: Apr 23, 2010
24 of 219
Dave, thanks for sharing your concerns. There will be no changes to fees or membership structures as a result of the merger. And, rest assured that both odesk.com and elance.com will for now continue to operate as separate, independent services. However, with the merger and combining efforts, we do expect to make improvements to the experience on both platforms and we believe this will be a very good thing for both the oDesk and Elance communities.
Highlighted
Didier M Member Since: Aug 24, 2010
25 of 219
Hi Mollie C, Your Q&A page states: "Q: Will there be any change in fees or membership structures? A: None are planned." Why not say then "There will be no changes to fees or membership structures as a result of the merger," as in your answer to Dave? "None are planned" is another way of saying "None are planned at this moment in time." I understand David's dread.
Highlighted
Mike F Member Since: Nov 13, 2013
26 of 219
[quote=Dave Robinson]I hate how Elance charges freelancers to work, so this announcement fills me with dread at the thought of that "innovation" possibly coming to oDesk. One of the reasons I use oDesk is because it's NOT Elance, and the combination of the merger and Elance's CEO taking over cannot be considered good news from where I sit. Dave[/quote] X2
Highlighted
B B Z GH Z Member Since: Oct 28, 2012
27 of 219
agree Elance is not as good as Odesk , Elance is far from Odesk as Odesk is way better
Highlighted
Noel B Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
28 of 219
I hate this too how Elance system works. This is like another bad news which was happened last year when vWorker acquired by Freelancer.com.
Highlighted
Tracy F Member Since: Mar 6, 2012
29 of 219
I agree. Long before I used Odesk, I used Elance. I landed a client who changed the job instructions a couple weeks into the contract. The original terms were $5 for an article on the attractions and location of every town and city in Spain (hundreds of towns and some very hard to research). She wanted content doubled by having the history and gastronomy added, going from 200 to 400 words and expected the same price per article. I balked and Elance backed her, so I took a ratings hit for backing out of the contract and not being amenable to change. I closed my account after that and never went back. I have a great client on Odesk paying 3 cents a word for articles and they provide all the research notes for me, so not all of Odesk is low wages.
Highlighted
Cate B Member Since: Sep 1, 2011
30 of 219
If you think 3 cents a word is a good rate…you probably need to stay on oDesk. Smiley Wink
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS