cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re excited! Today we announced that we’ve signed an agreement to merge with Elance.

Gaurang Z Member Since: May 26, 2011
81 of 219
You are doing great job Mr.Gary. But please do not merge oDesk with Elance. If you making loss here so I would suggest you to increase commission rates but please do not merge. We all love oDesk and very much.
SITI MUNIRAH A Member Since: Sep 4, 2013
82 of 219
Why this is happening? I love both and I have some contracts in odesk,and tasks from elance.However, I don't think that this will be a way better as there will be more competitors in the same job. There will be a lot of contractors need to choosed for. For the freelancers especially the new one, the opportunity of being chosen is low .Too many contractors on the same job. That's what I think will be happened.
Mollie C Member Since: Apr 23, 2010
83 of 219
Hi Siti, we plan to keep the two platforms separate. And, we will invest even more than before in growing the number of clients and jobs. So, the plan is the opposite of increasing freelancer competition: we expect this to benefit freelancers.
aqsa a Member Since: Sep 5, 2011
84 of 219
Before merginin, must do this step, open all suspended accounts they will diffently pray fro you Smiley Happy 2nd thing is elance have some good things intead of merge if you just implement ESCROW payment then ODESK is better than elance thanks
Bridget W Member Since: Aug 10, 2011
85 of 219
My question is about work history/ profile. I have an extensive history on oDesk, high ratings, large number of hours. However I have signed up for Elance but haven't been able to secure a job on there from the lack of work history. Will our profiles become one on both sites to include our previous histories?
Nasir H Member Since: Mar 3, 2012
86 of 219
I have also now around 3000 hours with 5 stars rating and reviews. Will we be fresh starters on elance after merger?? That will be worst dream of a freelancer life...if such thing happened God forbid then odesk's ceo will never be in odesk freelancer's good book!!!
Mollie C Member Since: Apr 23, 2010
87 of 219
Hi Bridget and Nasir, rest assured that both odesk.com and elance.com will for now continue to operate as separate, independent services. That means there will be no change to your oDesk profile. I hope you both continue to enjoy success on oDesk!
Christopher R Member Since: Jan 22, 2009
88 of 219
Mollie, The fact that you and others keep saying there will be no changes "for now" strongly suggests that there will be in the future and most oDeskers strongly dislike Elance and their way of doing things so naturally we are concerned about the lack of clarity here.
Arsalan A Member Since: Dec 3, 2011
89 of 219
Will this merge will synchronize freelancers profile if a user is on both elance and odesk?
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
90 of 219
Hi Arsalan, Both platforms will continue to function separately so your profiles will not be merged or combined. Hope this helps...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS