cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Welcome to the oDesk Community!

Hafiz A Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
41 of 544

Hi Valeria,

My profile is 100% completed... I've more than 6 years of expereince in Excel, Powerpoint etc based jobs. But which ever job I apply, it gets declined in a couple of days.

What could be the reason? Whats the best approach?

Please help!

Regards,

Hafiz Azhar

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
42 of 544

Hi Hafiz,

Although your profile is approved and pretty good overall, it could use some improvements. You are applying for jobs in a very competitive field of Data Entry so you really need to make sure your profile stands out. Please use capital letters in words where appropriate and add more information about your skills and tools that you are knowledgeable about. Also, it's very important that you send well-wirtten cover letters that specifically address the client's needs.

Here is a video tutorial that may help you improve your profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kari M Member Since: Jan 19, 2016
43 of 544

Sarah:

Try starting to type a word (like Sales) and wait for a drop down and pick a skill from the provided list.  I tried to add "customized" skills by typing and then hitting save and it didn't work.  Once I chose words provided in drop downs and then hit save it worked.  Hope this helps!

-Kari

Asma A Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
44 of 544

Is it not a joke that UPWORK take much advantage of our hardwork.

I worked for 13$ and receive only 1$ after 10% fee deduction. I am really hurt after first project.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
45 of 544

re: "Is it not a joke that UPWORK take much advantage of our hardwork.
I worked for 13$ and receive only 1$ after 10% fee deduction. I am really hurt after first project."

Asma, that does not make any sense.

If you earned $13.00, and if Upwork retains 10%, then you would receive $11.70. You would not receive $1.00.

Please restate your question in completely new sentences and check your math. Maybe you are writing numbers in a way that is idiosyncratic, or maybe something was lost in the translation...

46 of 544

I received this statement:

**edited for Community Guidelines**
DATEJan 25, 2016
DUE DATEJan 25, 2016
TOTAL AMOUNT $1.32

TOTAL DUE $1.32

**edited for Community Guidelines**
Amount: $13.20 USD x 10.0% = $1.32 USD
Notes: Invoice from Upwork for T75334334

Rajiv C Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
47 of 544

Asma,

Discount the monetary part.

If you have uploaded voice samples from an (own)android phone. more and different surprises coiuld be in store.

Alert others, intending to join the project or maybe a part of it, of risks.  

GSD - Upwork Talent Group has nothing in common with Upwork marketplace.

Highlighted
48 of 544

I don't understand..something is wrong with upwork and upwork is not responsible for it.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
49 of 544

Hi Asma,

Sorry about the confusion. To clarify, the client was charged $13.20 for the project, $1.32 is a 10% Upwork Service fee. The rest, $11.88, is currently in Pending tab and will become available for you to withdrawl on January 30. You can check all this in your Reports tab.

~ Valeria
Untitled
50 of 544

Actually, I received the invoice sheet. There was clearly mentioned that I will receive 1+$. 

Thanks for corrections.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS