cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Welcome to the oDesk Community!

Garnor M Member Since: Oct 28, 2014
1 of 544

Welcome to the Upwork Community! This is the place to learn and connect with others who love the way they work. You'll also find a wealth of resources and knowledge to get the most out of Upwork, whether you're a client, freelancer or just visiting.

We know there's a lot here, so we've created this brief guide to help you find the information you're looking for, and to clarify where you should post your questions.

Before posting:

• Review our Community Guidelines
  • Search the Community to see if your question has already been answered, or if there's already an ongoing discussion in which you could participate.

Join the conversation:

Discussion Forums:

You can find a listing of our discussion categories on the Community home page. We invite you to read and participate in any of the threads available on our forums. Starting or joining a conversation is as simple as clicking "New Message" or "Reply." 

Official Upwork: Stay up to date on all things Upwork

Announcements - Product announcements and company news from Upwork.

• Contains previous discussions from the now defunct News forum

Community Discussions: Kick off a conversation with the Community

Freelancers - Discussions about freelancing and Upwork features, policies and questions related to freelancing on the Upwork platform.

Clients - Discussions about hiring and managing work as a client and Upwork features, policies and questions related to hiring as a client on the Upwork platform.

Coffee Break - Open conversations unrelated to Upwork.

Job Skill Discussions: Have something to share for others in your "world?" Join for conversations about topics in your field.

• Programmers & Developers 
  • Admin Support 
  • Designers & Creatives
  • Writers & Translators

Groups:  

Groups are spaces for more targeted conversations (regional groups, customer events). Groups feature a forum-style conversation, a membership and invitation system and the standard community features like Kudos and Subscriptions.

Groups can be either open or closed. All groups require users to be a community member before joining, but for a closed group, a community member must be approved by a Group Admin before gaining access to the group.

Interested in participating? Click "Join Group" (for an open group) or "Ask to Join Group" (for a closed group) to get started.

If you still aren't sure where to post:

• Try your best to find the most relevant forum or group.
  • Our team will make sure content ends up in the most appropriate location if necessary, and is of course always available to answer any questions you might have. Look for us online, or direct your questions or concerns to communityescalations@upwork.com.
  • Check out our Announcement post and FAQs here.

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to leave us comments below. 

Thanks!

Ace Contributor
Ray C Member Since: Apr 10, 2009
2 of 544

What is Lithium and why is it asking for my password when I click "Forum" from my oDesk page?

SOBUZ H Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
3 of 544

Hi,

I'm new to odesk. My profile is 100% completed. But my account has been suspended.

Please tell me what i should do for this.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 544

Hi Sobuz,

I have followed up with the Team about your profile review and they will get back to you as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I would recommend you not use all capital letters in your profile name and only capitalize first letters.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Umair M Member Since: Mar 24, 2015
5 of 544

hi,
i have same problem, i have complete my profile but when i press resubmit, then appears an error that you cannot create or submit your profile

Rogers K Member Since: Apr 7, 2016
6 of 544

Hello Umair,

Had the same problem, what you do check upwork support team sent you a message in your inbox, read the text then reply to that very text accordingly. Make sure that you include what was indentified missing on your profile.

Regards

Rogers

Sami S Member Since: Apr 14, 2015
7 of 544

Respected Ma'am,

As I am new here, and i have completed my profile and its gone for reviewing since last week and still i have not got my confirmation. Please review my profile as soon as possible as I am curious to start working here.

Thankyou!
Abdul Sami.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 544

Hi Sami,

Sorry about the delay. Could you please update your profile picture? Currently it's a long shot and doesn't show your face clearly. If you crop it closer, it will look much better. I would also suggest you focus your profile overview more on the kind of work you can provide for clients on oDesk and particular skills you have.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Karen H Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
9 of 544

HI,

I'm trying to get registered, but am having a hard time turning my driver's license and recent bill into a JPEG instead of a PDF. Is there any other way to submit this information so that I can complete registration?

Thank you,

Karen

Ram P Member Since: May 5, 2015
10 of 544

Hi, Valeria K

Plz. help me to find new job in odesk
this is a hubmly request to you.......

Thanks You

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS