cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Upwork Community!

Millicent H Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
91 of 543

Actually I'm not new on Odesk. I'm here since 2009. But I was accepted once and then I was always been declined or not responded since 2012. What would be the reason?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
92 of 543
Millicent... I looked at your profile. You have earned five dollars in the five years since you signed up in 2009?
I don't think you have put much effort into this. My best advice would be to read a LOT on the community forum, focusing on discussions about how to improve profiles, how to apply to jobs, and how to get your first job. Lots of good information is here. And read the oDesk help files and watch their videos.

Please do NOT bid on any jobs until you have spent at least a month doing this type of research.
Keith Anthony F Member Since: Mar 3, 2015
93 of 543

Hi, I'm a newbie at oDesk. I have a problem with completing my profile; I can't proceed to the next level that is "Educational Background," whenever I click the "Save and Continue" button many times. 

Could someone offer me a help? Thanks.

Mansur R Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
94 of 543

Thanks for the post  Smiley Happy

Muhammad M Z Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
95 of 543

Job Success is demotivating many of new freelancers. When they join oDesk, they want to get the job in any way so they apply to those jobs in which they can't perform well. If they have ended few jobs say 8 and 1 of the job was not successful, then there profile success rate will be 88% and this will create problem to get them hired as this issue also belongs to me. Not  good feature. Job success should be consist of quarter year performance and should be start from new jobs after one quarter end and so on.

Neko Z Member Since: Mar 16, 2015
96 of 543

I am Zen.I wanna ask a question about how do i earn the money?How does it work?I dont really get it.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 543

Welcom to the Community, Neko!

Here are some useful threads for you to read:

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Want-to-get-that-first-job-Then-check-this-out/m-p/24749#U...

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-warning-signs/m-p/69274#U69274

There are also plenty of important and helpful information in the Help Center.

Since you will definitely need to start with completing your profile, here is a helpful video tutorial for you to watch.

If you have any particular questions after you have read and watched this materials, please feel free to post in the Community.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Abdur Rouf S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
98 of 543

sir

I have applied several jobs but still now i do not get any jobs. Why i do not get any jobs?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
99 of 543

Abdur,

The completeness and quality of your profile is a big factor in getting hired as a contractor to work on jobs.

Your profile is currently set to private, so those of us who provide advice to people in the community forum are unable to look at it.

Eli P Member Since: Mar 24, 2015
100 of 543

Why did they suspend my account right after registration and are not able to reopen it?