cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Upwork Community!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
71 of 543

Hi Mercy,

Jobs that involve entering Captcha violate oDesk Terms of Service. Please, do not accept the job and report it using the flag option.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Richell B Member Since: Jan 12, 2015
72 of 543

Yes, I've been also a victim with the same kind of project which is captcha and also I did not get any paid.

Is their any way on how to stop that kind of contractor so that they cannot cotinue with their fake ads?

Thank you.

Nisaim P Member Since: Jan 12, 2015
73 of 543

Hey, I got my first job today and completed it successfully. You seem very professional, I just want to ask you a few tips about a great cover letter, would you please help me??

Should a good cover letter be short or long in details??

Is it a good idea to provide direct contact info in your cover letter?

A good cover letter should include past experences and qualifications along with your proposal, is it a right way?

I will be grateful to you if you provide me the answers as you mentioned in your text that clients rsponse tells us about the quaity of our cover letter, I  do not get much response from the clients though I prepare my cover letter wth interest and complete info about me including qualifications.

Ashish M Member Since: Jun 13, 2008
74 of 543

Thanks

Thomas M Member Since: Dec 3, 2014
75 of 543

Hello,

My name is Thomas W. Morse, and I have been a member of Odesk since around Jan of 2014. I got my first contract after about 3 months, and have been looking again since. I enjoy the way that the site is set up, and the people that I have met that use Odesk have all been very kind and helpful.

I am looking to branch out and learn new skills so as to have a greater job catagory range, so any advice on where I might go would be much appreciated.

Thomas W. Morse
AKKAS A Member Since: Jan 18, 2015
76 of 543

hello, every one. my profile picture is not view before 24 hours. any body help me.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
77 of 543
This has nothing to do with you personally. Odesk is experiencing technical difficulties, perhaps due to mad robots being more mad than usual. Just wait it out. ODesk knows about this and will fix it.

I can see you photo now, by the way. Nice profile photo. Very oDesk-appropriate and professional.
Samar S Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
78 of 543

am I have to adjust payment process on the website to be accepted in any Job I apply on ?? ! 
because tell now I have applied on diffrent jobs but no response ! 
any help ? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
79 of 543

Welcome to the Community, Samar!

You do not have to have a payment method in order to apply for jobs and start working with clients on oDesk. However, you will need to set up a payment method to withdraw your earnings.

As for not getting response from clients. I would recommend you update your profile. Currently, your title is "Android Developer", but the tests you have taken and Other Experience are pointing out your writing skills but do not give enough information about your Android development skills. Also, I would say your hourly rate is too high for your profile.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
80 of 543

Samar, your profile rate, which is well over $100 per hour, means that your hourly rate is higher than all but a tiny, tiny percentage of contractors on oDesk.

That rate is going to scare off most potential clients.

I think if you post such a high rate, you would need to bolster it with some nice portfolio pieces.

That might seem like a very reasonable rate to you, but you need to remember that you are on oDesk, and when clients look at you, you are being compared to other contractors on this platform. So your profile better make it clear that you are a total Android developer rock star.

You have had zero jobs thus far on oDesk. Regardless of where you worked in the past and how much you made in the past, clients will look at your oDesk work history. Zero job history, no feedback, and no portfolio pieces won't add up to $100+ per hour for most clients.

If you really are worth that much, then my advice to you is to post a far lower hourly rate, and do a couple FIXED RATE jobs (which will not display an hourly rate next to them in your feedback), and then after those fixed rate jobs establish some feedback history for you, raise your rate to wherever you want it to be. Clients may see that you had some satisfied customers and may feel that even though your rate is high, you must be worth it.

If you are asked about it, you can be completely honest about the fact that those were fixed rate jobs, not actually hourly jobs. But most people won't ask about it and you don't need to point it out to people. The facts will be there on your profile and you can let people interpret the facts however they want to.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS