cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Zoom is coming to the Upwork Marketplace!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
21 of 35

Will L wrote:
I hope ALL communication options available through Upwork will soon be integrated with TimeTracker, as both the client and Upwork know the freelancer is, by definition, working for/with the client during such calls and that work time should automatically be included in work time protected by Upwork's payment protection protocols.

Whether we are communicating with clients through web Messages, the tracker itself, or Zoom, don't we get screenshots if the tracker is running? What further integration did you have in mind?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
22 of 35

Unless I am mistaken, I still have to invoke TimeTracker and periodically use my mouse or keyboard in order for TimeTracker to pick up the tact that I am actually working for an hourly client when I am on a VOIP or Zoom call with the client, which is no different than if I were using a phone or Skype for a client call. And TmeTracker will be taking random screenshots during these calls.

I would like for TimeTracker to automatically count my time talking to a client as confirmed work time and covered by Upwork's payment assurance program. When using these two voice communications methods with Upwork, I shouldn't be required to also invoke TimeTracker and use my mouse or keyboard or have random screenshots to be recorded by Upwork. 

If I am on an Upwork-based VOIP or Zoom call with a client I am, by definition, using that time to work for the client. Upwork and the client can always confirm that I was on a call with the client using one of these methods for a billable time period because Upwork has its own records for the time and duration of all such calls.

Such time segments, which are more precisely tracked than even properly-documented TimeTracker usage, should therefore be fully covered by Upwork's hourly project payment protection.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 35

Hi Will,

I understand the rationale of your request and based on similar freelancer feedback we added an option last year to disable the option to stop tracking time on screen lock. You can find this functionality under the Advanced tab in the Team app's Settings.

To clarify, using this option will enable the Team app to keep logging time even if there's no activity on your end. However, since adequate activity levels are one of the main Payment Protection requirements, these segments won't be covered by Payment Protection. Would this option help with the process you'd prefer using?

SS Stop.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
24 of 35

Hi, Vladimir.

Thank you for the prompt response.

I can't think of an instance when I would use the function you mention, but now I know it's possible.

The exact usage time when I am using the Upwork VOIP app or the Zoom function to speak to a client is already precisely tracked by Upwork. I know this because the duration of each call appears in my message list for a project after each call related to that project is over.

This VOIP or Zoom usage time already being tracked by Upwork should automatically be added to each project's database of work time that now includes a) properly documented TimeTracker-tracked time and b) manual time, if I decide to add any.

There should be no need for me to invoke TimeTracker for these calls.

And I should not have to move my mouse or use my keyboard during these calls; there is also no need for screenshots.

A client cannot contest such work time tracked by Upwork - Upwork only tracks these time segments when both the client and I are on a call. If one of us leaves the call, the tracked time for that call ends. This leaves no room for a client to contest whether I was working on his/her project for a specific time period if Upwork's own records show that I was on a call with the client at that time.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Richard F Member Since: Sep 9, 2009
25 of 35

That's bad news with the cyberwars on zoom

Highlighted
Jannatul N Member Since: Dec 22, 2014
26 of 35

It is really great. 

Highlighted
Zeljko N Member Since: Sep 23, 2020
27 of 35

Looking forward to it Smiley Happy Really great idea.

Highlighted
Anna B Member Since: Sep 23, 2019
28 of 35

So happy you introduced it and I got it already!
Now next step would be to introduce scheduling the call with the client through UpWork. That would be just perfect!

Highlighted
Ihsan U Member Since: May 2, 2018
29 of 35

This is a great feature, but some time is not working on my side.

how many Zoom meetings we can do in one day?

Thanks

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
30 of 35

Hi Ihsan,

There is no limit on the number of meetings you can have in a day. Could you please let me know what error you are experiencing so that I can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS