Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Interesting Job" Feature and Improving Recommendations

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
21 of 40

@sarah C wrote:

Hey Tam,

I just filled out the survey you sent about improving the job search, and one of the things I noted in the comments was that the "Thumbs Down" feature has disappeared from my Job Feed. […]

I still see it in my Job Feed.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
22 of 40

I don't have a job feed. It stopped working two weeks ago. "High level support" assured me they would look into it, but despite five or six bump messages from me, have't even given me the courtesy of a single response since then. I guess you just get used to using whatever parts of this site are working and good for you at any given time...

It's ironic that while you'd like to be helping them out with new features, you have to rather spend your time trying to keep up with dealing with the features you're constantly losing.

Employee
Tam L Employee Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
23 of 40

Hey Stephen - I just saw this. Is your feed still blank? 

Community Leader
Alma I Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
24 of 40

Hey Tam,

If no one uses the thumb down, maybe it's time for Upwork to send onboarding letters with useful features of the site.

Employee
25 of 40

Alma - agreed!

Community Leader
Saiful I Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
26 of 40

Recently Upwork added a new features - Dislike Button. This is obviously very important and nice feature.

See screenshot at bellow:

upwork_dislike_button.png

Here available few very important option. few of these features:
*Not interested,
*Vague Description,

*Too many applicant,
*I am over qualified,

*Not in my preferred location

ETC,

But this this features only available in job search/feed page, Not available in job description page. 

Before read full description, How I will know that this job is suitable for me. So I think: "Dislike Button" also should include in detail page/description page/ single description page. 

I am looking forward to hearing opinion from other as well as administration.

Thanks by Saiful

~ Saiful, Upwork Freelancer
Be honest, works will looking for you.
Employee
27 of 40

Hey Saiful - that's a VERY good point. Let me chat with my colleagues regarding this. 

Thanks for your insight!

Community Leader
Saiful I Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
28 of 40

Hey Tam, thanks a lot for your response.

~ Saiful, Upwork Freelancer
Be honest, works will looking for you.
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
29 of 40

Hi everyone,

The "Interesting Job" feature is no longer in beta and we've begun rolling it out to a subset of users on the platform. If you see the feature and have any questions or feedback, let us know. 

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
30 of 40

Just saw an "Intereesting Job" for keyword research which requires  applicants to provide them keyword ideas in the proposal (they gave link to their website). Also they are payment NOT verified.

Shall Upwork consider an "Interesting Scam" or even better an "Interesting Way to Deliver Free Work Despite it is against our own ToS" ribbon isstead? Probably not.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS