This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Account got suspended due to high number of proposals for jobs

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Sukhwinder S Member Since: May 4, 2017

I started using upwork last month and my account got suspended due to high number of proposals for jobs on our site without many contracts or earnings. 

I got hired for one project and got 5 star rating and even received bonus. As I recently started using upwork and had no idea that submiting high number of same proposals can result in suspension of my account.

As I wasn't voilating any of the terms of the upwork. I was really thinking of making my carrier over here.

4 REPLIES
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Sukhwinder S wrote:

I started using upwork last month and my account got suspended due to high number of proposals for jobs on our site without many contracts or earnings. 

I got hired for one project and got 5 star rating and even received bonus. As I recently started using upwork and had no idea that submiting high number of same proposals can result in suspension of my account.

As I wasn't voilating any of the terms of the upwork. I was really thinking of making my carrier over here.

It is highly discouraged to copy/paste proposals. Firstly, it is not good business practise, secondly, upwork recognizes it as spamming and does not like that. 

Vijay P Member Since: Dec 24, 2016

" copy/paste proposals" means?

and high number of same proposal means?

Community Leader
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017

'copy/paste proposals' means sending the same proposal to all the clients.

I don't think there is a strict guideline as to what is construed as a 'high number' of proposals. But, if someone sends too many copy/paste proposals, then it's considered spamming.  

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Vijay P wrote:

" copy/paste proposals" means?

using the same text in all proposals and not tailoring the text to the specific job posting.

and high number of same proposal means?

I don't know.