This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Action Required. Temporary account on hold

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Shah Muhammad I Member Since: Nov 20, 2018

" I’m writing to let you know that we have noticed that your account is connected to other Upwork accounts.

As a result, we have placed a temporary hold on all connected accounts.

Because we’d like to get this matter resolved quickly, we ask you to reply back to us within seven days with the username and/or email address of the account you wish to keep. If you do not respond, your account will remain on hold until we hear from you."

As they want , i reply there . Told them  what account to keep .

But they don't reply me anything . 

How long they take time time to reply  ? 

Thanks in advanced 

10 REPLIES 10
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011

@Shah Muhammad I wrote:

As they want , i reply there . Told them  what account to keep .

So, how many accounts did you have?

And why?

Frequent Visitor
Shah Muhammad I Member Since: Nov 20, 2018

I think i have two account . But once a time i had created that then i totaly forget about that to close . Upwork not answering / reply anything . 

I reply them to close that account , keep my curent account . 

Frequent Visitor
SHASHIKANT V S Member Since: Dec 15, 2018

Yes , We are also facing the same issue & upwork team is not responding .

Frequent Visitor
Aleksander B Member Since: Mar 14, 2019

Hi Petra

I received same email, but I have never created Upwork account before.

I replied with my current email about this.

What should I do?

Frequent Visitor
Rama Krishna p Member Since: Jan 29, 2019

I have been mainatning one profile in upwork science 8 years . I have only one profile . I have submitted all proofs and took live chat with upwork professional. I got an email like below. 

I sent them an email still waiting from them. I am really in tenssion because i built good portfolio via upwork it is my 8 years of hard work. Can any one help me to slove this as soon as 

.......................................................................................................

I’m writing to let you know that we have noticed that your account is connected to other Upwork accounts.

Because we’d like to get this matter resolved quickly, we ask you to reply back to us within seven days with the username and/or email address of the account you wish to keep. If you do not respond, your account will remain on hold until we hear from you.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Rama Krishna p wrote:

I have been mainatning one profile in upwork science 8 years . I have only one profile . I have submitted all proofs and took live chat with upwork professional. I got an email like below. 

I sent them an email still waiting from them. I am really in tenssion because i built good portfolio via upwork it is my 8 years of hard work. Can any one help me to slove this as soon as 

.......................................................................................................

I’m writing to let you know that we have noticed that your account is connected to other Upwork accounts.

Because we’d like to get this matter resolved quickly, we ask you to reply back to us within seven days with the username and/or email address of the account you wish to keep. If you do not respond, your account will remain on hold until we hear from you.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Could there be any of your email, bank account, credit card or other singular items that are used by a different client or freelancer?

Frequent Visitor
Rama Krishna p Member Since: Jan 29, 2019

Hello,

I have always been maintaining a single profile I.e. p_ramakrishna and have been delivering all my clients' work through that only from all these years. 

There is a possibility that some of my old friends who were working with me earlier might have created a fake profile to create issues with my business. I remember I have shared my credit card details and docs with them for some online purchases when they were working with me and maybe they have misused them to create a duplicate profile. 

Also, as Upwork is known for it's high security measures and processes, so I believe the approval of the duplicate profile should not have happened.

Please consider my this profile (p_ramakrishna) as the original one and take immediate action on any other similar profile which has been found using my details. To authenticate this profile of mine, I can provide you any kind of documentations or email confirmations as well. 

Therefore, I request you to kindly remove the suspension from my upwork account (p_ramakrishna) at the earliest and delete other similar profiles.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Frequent Visitor
Ankush T Member Since: Mar 22, 2019

I am writing to you to let you know that your account has been flagged for account sharing.

According to Upwork's Terms of Service, you may only have one account per user and accounts should not be shared or duplicated in any way. In order to preserve the professional integrity of our community, your account has been placed on hold.

I have placed your account on hold until you reply to this notice and confirm compliance to our Terms of Service moving forward. In order to confirm compliance you must acknowledge the specific Terms of Service infraction and state that you will not repeat this violation going forward.

Please note that additional Terms of Service violations will result in further action being taken on your account.

We look forward to your quick response.

how can i slove this problem because i have one account only last 6 year.....

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Ankush T wrote:

I am writing to you to let you know that your account has been flagged for account sharing.

According to Upwork's Terms of Service, you may only have one account per user and accounts should not be shared or duplicated in any way. In order to preserve the professional integrity of our community, your account has been placed on hold.

I have placed your account on hold until you reply to this notice and confirm compliance to our Terms of Service moving forward. In order to confirm compliance you must acknowledge the specific Terms of Service infraction and state that you will not repeat this violation going forward.

Please note that additional Terms of Service violations will result in further action being taken on your account.

We look forward to your quick response.

how can i slove this problem because i have one account only last 6 year.....

Do as you have been instructed.  I prefer sending emails to whoever can arouse the deepest of my emotions so it will be INTENSE.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS