This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Am I banned for life?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Elliot L Member Since: Feb 3, 2019

I understand I violated Upwork's terms of service in the past, and my account was suspended as a result of that. I whole heartedly accept the decision to suspend me as a freelancer.

But am I banned for life? Can't I even be a client? Is there really no such a thing as a second chance?

Do note that the violation occurred many years ago, and it would mean a great deal to me if I would be given another chance to start afresh.

Hope someone can help me out.

7 REPLIES
Arsalan J Member Since: Dec 19, 2015

If I'm not wrong, an account is suspended/banned and not a person. You can create a new account with a different username & email address. As long as you don't violate any terms in this new account, it shouldn't be a problem if you sign up either as freelancer or a client.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Arsalan J wrote:

If I'm not wrong, an account is suspended/banned and not a person. You can create a new account with a different username & email address. As long as you don't violate any terms in this new account, it shouldn't be a problem if you sign up either as freelancer or a client.

Has the TOS been reformatted for the summer season?  Since when has it (creating more than one account) been ratified?

Arsalan J Member Since: Dec 19, 2015

I meant giving up the first account (i-e deleting the banned account) and creating a new one. Is it still a violation of TOS?

Community Guru

Arsalan J wrote:

I meant giving up the first account (i-e deleting the banned account) and creating a new one. Is it still a violation of TOS?

It is alright to give the "first account" up.  Creating a new account is a ToS violation.  That is what I understand.

Community Guru

I am referring to freelancer accounts only, Arsalan.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Juvy Ann P wrote:

Arsalan J wrote:

Has the TOS been reformatted for the summer season?  Since when has it (creating more than one account) been ratified?

It hasn't been.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Arsalan J wrote:

So are you suggesting OP to change his name? 

I mean, it can be done, I'm sure, but it seems a lot of effort just to work as a freelancer on upwork.. change the bank account, credit cards, everything...

Last time I checked it was not allowed to have more than one account per person.