This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Fake Job Posted

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Ly Amor C Member Since: Mar 4, 2015

Hello,

How do I know if the job posted is fake?

Thanks.

Smiley Happy

1 REPLY
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Ly,

Don't start working without an active contract, which would show in your "My Jobs" tab. You can find more details here. To qualify for Upwork Payment Protection, make sure Escrow is funded for a Milestone before starting any work if the job is Fixed price, or use the Team App, enter work-related memos and make sure the client's payment method is verified before working on Hourly jobs. 

Let me also share a few other resources that you may need as a new freelancer on Upwork. You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center. I also advise watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread.