This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

(For company clients) Need help regarding setting up billing method

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mary Aisles M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015

Hi kababayans! I need help regarding setting up my billing method as a company client. The option says thru credit card and paypal only but I don't have both options. I do have a Paypal accound but I can't get my account verified because they need a credit card added.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES
Ace Contributor
Althea Maefe S Member Since: Nov 6, 2014

You don't need a credit card to verify, as long as the card has a Visa/Mastercard logo, it will work, although some freelancers I know says BDO does not work with Paypal anymore.

Freelancers I know have verified their account using:

EON
Union
BPI ePrepaid

(with Visa/Mastercard logos, of course.)

One more way to verify is to use Globe's Gcash feature. I have done that and had no issues since.

Ace Contributor
Thanks althea, but I have been trying to verify my account with paypal using BPI eprepaid but it is not getting thru.

With regards to Upwork billing method, only credit card is available method for Philippines. Paypal option is not yet available. I just cancelled the project because I don't have credit card for payment to my freelancers.
Ace Contributor

The Globe Gcash feature I used to verify my Paypal is what they call a "Virtual Amex Card". I use that to fund my projects, it basically has the parts of an American Express card: the card number, CVV2 Code, Expiration date, only it is not a credit card, I fund it by sending money to my Gcash account.

Ace Contributor
So your Gcash was verified by paypal.... Now this paypal account of yours is used to pay freelancers via Upwork? Because when I go to "set up billing method" the option there is to put card details already.
Ace Contributor

What I meant to say was, the Virtual Amex Card feature which I used to verify Paypal can also be used to fund Upwork to pay freelancers. I know so because I have done it several times. Like I said, it has all card information needed: Card number, expiration date, cvv2 code etc. you need only enter the information and make sure that your Gcash has the funds to make a payment.