This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Has Upwork closed the opurtunities for Bangladeshi freelancer ?

Highlighted
Sheikh Ahsan A Member Since: Feb 11, 2016

Since from the middle of March 2016, I have seen a lot of new freelancer from bangladesh to sing up in Upwork. As I am working nicely in upwork, New freelancer are asking me why their profiles are not getting approve. But today I have heared from someone that Upwork has dicided to not approve the profile for new Bangladeshi freelancer because Upwork don't want Bangladeshi.

Is this true ?

3 REPLIES 3
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Sheikh, 

The platform definitely do not discriminate against anyone so we apologise if that is how our Bangladeshi freelancers feel. A reason why their profiles may not have been accepted is because their profiles are incomplete. I recommend that these new freelancers - 

• fix their overview by providing relevant experience to support their skills,
  • make sure that their profile title is a good short description of what they can offer to clients, 
  • upload their portolio on their profile

Here are some articles that you want to share with them to help them improve their profiles. 

You can also check this thread where there are great tips from different freelancers and clients. 

I hope this helps Sheikh!

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Shah Md S Member Since: Jan 5, 2018

Greeting, I am Shah Md Sagar Hossain From Bangladesh. Over the past 5+ years, I have strong knowledge of white hat link building, SEO and Internet Marketing with good communication skills. I did a lot of projects on SEO and others Update Internet Marketing strategies.

Last Night I already did create a new profile according to Upwork rules and regulation. If There have any edit or add in details. Please give a proper suggestion to approve it.

I want to prove myself to connect my client with the best result via Upwork. So I mostly need a strong profile.

Give me Idea to improve my profile to get approval here.

Thanks All Again

Any suggestion for me to approve my Upwork profile here

Frequent Visitor
Gazi Mohammad A Member Since: May 19, 2019

Hello Avery, 

I have been working since 2005 at freelancer.com. They are fine with portfolios. I attemt to create an account with meeting all the specs are required herein upwork, even tried more than 100 times modifies and still they are not approving. Is there any possibility to go throguh and let me know the section requires adding? 

Here is my portfolio. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010f9349e5e687a7e6?viewMode=1
I have tried my absolute best and failed. That's ... Smiley Sad Smiley Sad 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS