This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Housing Benefits for Filipino Freelancers

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

I just had a "Eureka" moment.  It looks like I am redirected to my favorite database each time I hit the word "Homing" (from one of the posts in this thread).  Hahaha!  This is not such a bad idea. Whoever coded for this occurrence must be congratulated.  I am grateful to my virtual family. Heart

Community Guru

Updates:

The house is now able to operate in a functional manner as it has electricity and water supply and an add-on feature to boost my internet connection.

To my relief and satisfaction and despite my inability to advance into the construction bond mode, I was allowed by the Site Engineer and the Subdivision Administrator to have a long stick erected at the nearby MERALCO post so as to have my internet antenna high up into the air.

I got to differentiate between the in-house and "express" (this means fast) operations of my internet provider.  Why, I got to have a proper garage sale and my refrigerator and washing machine have finally left the house.  I am grateful to the people who participated in my garage sale.

The realty developer gifted me and possibly each homeowner the following items:

1) Sassin International Electric breaker device

2) Safari electric meter device

3) shower hose and head

4) bathroom faucet

5) sink faucet

6) lavatory faucet

I am grateful to the Site Engineer and the Subdivison Administrator and their team for these gifts.

The house is also equipped with a new business facility -- a trash or waste reduction option.  A few weeks ago I tried to segregate my household wastes into biodegradable, plastics, cans, white paper, and colored paper.  I brought recyclable items to the nearest junk shop and I earned Php 10.00.  Just when the junk shop owner was about to dismiss me, I handed a sales invoice to him and you may imagine the look on his face at that instant.

My freelancing business has been Google-verified just recently.  When was the last time I received a postcard?  Google has a certain way of making me feel special.  Every year since I became a freelancer, I get to have a birthday cake.  And now, a postcard.  I am overwhelmed.  I am grateful.

Going back to my internet connection affair, I found out that for an additional fee of roughly Php 100.00, it is possible to have my internet plan upgraded.  The download speed has increased from 2.00 mbps to 10 mbps.  This is exciting for me.  I prefer this feature over the Netflix and HOOQ experiences. 

I also got a new landline handset.  What is peculiar about the phone is that it is intended for calls to the same network and its affiliates only.  Figuring out the landline number was challenging as there were minimal clues that agents left me with.  The thing that has saddened me is the fact that my old landline number has been terminated. After going through the grief process which was facilitated by another customer who shared my fate, I summoned enough courage to purchase a new sim card which, by the way, costs Php 40.00 only, and used this as a call substrate.  That was how I got to figure out my new landline number.

Losing access to my old landline number makes me want to have another set of calling cards.  But right now, I am sticking with what I have and adding the new numbers into each card manually.

In summary, nothing is really new about acquiring a property such as a house and lot.  It still revolves around the basic premise of life -- loss, mystery, connections.

A Jesuit once told a story about luck and up to this time, I am still listening to that story, quite mesmerized and filled with gratitude.

Community Guru

Updates:

The Revenue Regulation 11-2018 issued last March 15, 2018 has certain provisions in regards to real property issues.  Here are the details:

A house and lot that is given as a fringe benefit to an employee by an employer is now taxed at 35% of the gross monetary value of the property.

Mutual fund dividends is now subject to a final withholding tax of 10% if one chooses to withdraw his or her shares.

If one is renting a real property for business purposes, tax rate is 5%.  The landlady/landlord of freelance contractors will be responsible for paying for this tax.

Let’s analyze these situations.  Haha --- oops I was about to utter my third ha! when, suddenly, my inbox vomited a new bill -- coming from my internet provider. 

Reference:

Amending Certain Provisions of Revenue Regulations No. 2-98, as Amended, to Implement Further Amendments Introduced by Republic Act No. 10963, Otherwise Known as the “Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN)” Law, Relative to Withholding of Income Tax. Bureau of Internal Revenue Regulations 11-2018 (January, 2018), pages 1-47.  Retrieved from https://www.bir.gov.ph/ (accessed May, 2018). 

Highlighted
Community Guru

Updates:

So It's April and this month is going to be the last month that we could pay for when it comes to house rent.  After this, there shall be a period of three months to wait for the release of the letter cancelling the contract-to-sell.  The owner, Cumberland Development Corporation, has probably found a new buyer to occupy the unit once we move out sometime in July, 2019.  The full equity payment and monthly amortizations shall not be refunded as agreed in the contract.  

It turns out that the full amount was not remitted as deductions of the Housing Loan.  Rather, I was told that the collections were allotted as advanced interest payment as the whole loan will be equivalent to 1.8 million -- that is equal to TWO house and lot units.  This is because the contract is good for 30 years at 6.5% interest (if I am not mistaken).  This calls for a huge amount of generosity, if we will continue on with this housing project.  Last February, PAG-IBIG refused to continue on with the Memorandum of Agreement with the Developer as the collecting agency.  For April, I was able to pay at a Bayad Center because my checking account had to be closed for lack of funds.

Employment possibilities are weak.  Business is bad. The best that I could do was comply with documentary requirements for a local employer and register for a Bookkeeping Course which is to be facilitated by an instructor who welcomes my son as my classmate.  My medical exams state that I am free from all medical "bad" news.

Our golden stuff have almost doubled their value.  Come auction time, I am going to purchase gold again if I have cash as I have found out that gold can be relied on as it is like a real estate property.  Its value keeps on getting higher with the passage of time.

This will be the last time that I will ever attempt to secure a housing unit via a loan scheme.  My failure to pass the "training for Real Estate Mortgage" means that I forfeited my chance to have another real estate property in the near future.  

The good thing about this is that I will not be washing dishes at the comfort room anymore.  Hahaha!  And I will not be seeing unpainted walls and have a bedroom that is visible to people in the streets whenever the door is open. Additionaly, I will have a chance to do laundry without bending my back and store food inside the refrigerator. And of course, if I have cold cash in the future, I can still own a house and lot via foreclosure.  LOL!   From 2015 up to this month,  I was able to realize this fact:

"Kaya matibay ang walis ay sapagkat nabibigkis".
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS