This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: ID verification Problem

Ziaur R Member Since: Jul 28, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a big problem with my ID verification. After working 1500 Hrs Upwork suddenly required my ID verification yesterday. They have mentioned that the address on my ID and the utility bill must match with my Upwork profile ID. My problem starts here.

1.  In Bangladesh The government first issued National ID in 2008 for the use of voting purpose and only the present address are printed on the card. The permanent address remains stored in the database and does not apear on it for security reason. I have changed my present address 5 times in last 7 years as I live in rented house. So the address which is printed on my ID no longer my valid communication address.

2.  For opening a bank account I must provide the address where I am living now. So I had to provide the address on my last rented house for bank and Upwork profile to match them. But this address definitely doesn't match with the address on my national ID. Now if I change my address on Upwork to match with my ID, it will mismatch with the bank details.

3.  In Bangladesh the utility bills are issued only against land/house owner's name. they don't issue against tenants's name. Upwork says the name on utility bill must match with my upwork name. How I am gonna provide that? A lot of freelancer from Bangladesh will face the same problem, I assume. 

Please help me solving the issue. I am scared to submit my ID on Upwork because my account might be suspended for wrong address.

Specially I would request someone from Upwork to guide me through the process.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Community Leader
Saiful I Member Since: Aug 22, 2015

Really this is a complex problem. We should contact with our Country Manager: Saidul Rahman Khan. Hope: he can give us a solution.

Thanks

~ Saiful, Upwork Freelancer
Be honest, works will looking for you.
Ziaur R Member Since: Jul 28, 2015

Thanks Saiful.

I've already sent a message to Saidur but yet to get any response.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Saiful I Member Since: Aug 22, 2015

You also welcome Ziaur.

~ Saiful, Upwork Freelancer
Be honest, works will looking for you.
Zamir U Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
Hi Ziaur, while I verified my id years ago, i didn't face this problem. I think, address issue is not a big deal here, if other information is correct. Just explain the fact to the responsible person to verify your profile (he'll be one of the Upwrok employee) if he/she asks for it. I don't see any issues to suspension here. Don't worry. Smiley Happy
Zamir Uddin
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS