This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

In a loop with rising talent, job success score, suspension and biding

Highlighted
Anower J Member Since: Sep 22, 2017

Hello all,
My account was accepted to bid a couple of days ago. I was so hyped to see that because I was trying to get approved for the last couple of months. Then I took some exam and upgraded my portfolio doing some projects and research in my own regard. Thanks to the admin for giving me the approval and chance to work in here. I saw Rising Talent program for new Freelancers. But I have an issue here which threw me on a loop.

Rising talent requires submitting proposals regularly relating to my skill.
Most entry or intermediate level jobs require Rising talent and Job success score around 80-90% (So, my proposal won't stand out, right?)
 And again if I bid so many, I think my account will be suspended showing my skills are not enough to board my ship here. 

What to do now?
Can anyone show me the right way to move forward or clear the right conception here?

Facing this fear, I can't bid for jobs.

1 REPLY 1
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner, Anower. Please know that regardless if the client posted a requirement of a Job Success Score of 90% and above, you should still be able to bid for these jobs, and your clients will still be able to see your proposal. 

There are a lot of stories here in the Community where users didn't meet the requirement but continued to bid for the project, landed the job, and completed it successfully. 

Please also know that we do not suspend users for sending out too many proposals. Actions are only taken on freelancers who have submitted proposals for many jobs, but have won very few contracts. Typically, this means (1) the opportunities on Upwork are not a good match for the freelancer’s skillset, or (2) they are violating our Terms of Service. So it is important to make sure that your proposals are tailor-fit to the job that you are bidding for, and you have the right skills and experience for the job. 

As a tip, I would recommend checking out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

17 Tips for Boosting Your Success on Upwork

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS