This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

India

Frequent Visitor
Veeresh Y Member Since: Jul 7, 2015

Hello Nitin,

Your suggestion on withdrawls have really help me in taking decision, i  am from INDIA and have recently completed one project i upwork, so as per your suggestion i will be opting for LFT just have one doubt requesting you to help me in clarifying this, i have CITI bank account where account name mentioned as (first its SURNAME) and then (NAME) but in upwork and Tax form i have mentioned as first (NAME) and then (SURNAME), now will this affect my withdrawal? 

Loking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Veeresh

Mr. L Member Since: Dec 15, 2015

Hi Veeresh Y,

I was facing the same problem from the past few months. There is a solution to your problem.

You can upload your Name Proof to upwork for consideration. They will take it seriously and change your name as soon as possible on upwork.

For eg.

If your city bank has Name like "Surname" and then the last name is "Name" then upload your bank passbook firstpage as a name proof for consideration. I think they would sort out your problem as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards

Mr. Lokesh

Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
Dear All, Greetings !!!!! Wishing you a happy and prosperous Diwali May the glow of the diyas light ur path towards progress and continued sucess happy diwali
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
Hi Pradeep, The name on your oDesk profile has to match the name on your bank account in order for you to use it for withdrawals. You cannot use another person's account.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
sreevalli N Member Since: Feb 2, 2015

hey, I am new to odesk and got my first project. I gave Hdfc as my account for money transfer. Please let me know if Hdfc a/c is ok or shall  I use state bank of hyderabad account, as I also have that account.

which bank's transfer rate's are low. Please help.

I opted for local funds transfer.

Thanks,

Sreevalli.

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014

Hi Nori

I am also using hdfc account for local funds transfer and there are no issues with that. The transfer rates are not effected too much by what bank you are using as odesk have standard policy for all local fund transfers. but mostly depend on the forex exchange rates. 

Mr. L Member Since: Dec 15, 2015

Hi Nori S,

Congrats on getting your first project. It doesn't matter whatever bank you are using for transaction. What matter is the Name on upwork platform matches with your Bank account. If you have opted for local fund transfer then there is fee of 1.99$ per withdrawl. 

There is no bank charge. Bank can't charge single penny on the amount upwork sends to you after deducted this (1.99$ per withdrawl+10% fee of upwork). 

best regards

Mr. Lokesh

Ramesh Y Member Since: Feb 28, 2015

can anyone help me in getting my first job here. 

Frequent Visitor
Niky S Member Since: Mar 18, 2015

I got my HDFC debit visa card, but its not letting me pay my 10$ upgrade fee. 

I signed through paypal as well, with same debit card details, but its still no good...

I dont have any credit card though...

ANY HELP?

Binita T Member Since: Sep 10, 2015

Hi I am doing freelancing in IPR related works and based out in Mumbai.Persons or Organisation interested in the same can leave contact no or email id.

Regards