This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

India

Sayon S Member Since: Mar 22, 2016

Hi,

I am from India and I used to work on Elance and now in Upwork. I have query about withdrawing funds from Upwork:

1. Can any one tell about the charges using Payoneer for withdrawing money in India? I have talked with Payoneer customer support and they said there is ony 2% charge including currency conversion and any other fees. But I am not confident with their answer as I was using PayPal and PayPal charged me around 4.5% extra for receiving payment from Upwork because Upwork is sending individual payment instead of Mass payment (i.e, sending money to more than 1 person). So if anyone has used Payoneer, can you tell me surely about all the charges from them?

2. Is there any way that I can use different name for LFT transaction? I really need to use different name, please help me if any one can.

Thank you in advance.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Sayon,

I'm sure other users from India will follow up on your first question soon, but I can help you with the second one. Please see my reply just above your comment and note that you can only use a payment method in your own name, which has to match your account name.

Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015

Happy Holi INDIA Smiley Happy 

पिचकारी की धर; गुलाल की बौछार; अपनों का प्यार; यही है यारों होली का त्यौहार. आपको और सभी सदस्यों को होली की शुभकामनाएं  

Mr. L Member Since: Dec 15, 2015

Hello My dear Indian friends,

Something about me:

88% job success rate--> Earned more than 1000$ on upwork--> Want to make it as full time job platform.

India is great and I am proud to be an indian. Upwork is the best platform for me to show my skills and use it in purposeful manner. Ok, Now comes to point.

In Previous month I have job success rate of 97%. I was doing my job full time to become a top rated freelancer. I was lacking behind in earning only. But very bad thing happens to me....

Upwork downs my job success rate to 88% from 97% due to my client mistake. (My cliend sends me spammy content to rewrite.) When I revoke the project, The next month my feedback downs to 88%.

It's not justified. I had to pay for my client mistake.

So, My indian friends. Takes client seriouslly. Check their rating and the comments of freelancers before moving forward.

Your's lovely friend

Mr. Lokesh

Professional technical writer cum patent law expert.

Jitendra I Member Since: Feb 14, 2016

Thanks for your valueable suggetion friend

Karthik S Member Since: Apr 11, 2016

Hello,

This is Karthik and new to Upwork. I want to withdraw my earnings that is $70 to my bank a/c . Would like to know approx how much amount will be transferred to my a/c if I withdraw through PayPal, Payoneer and LFT. And which method is most efficient. Would appreciate the replies as this is urgent.

Thanks

Christopher T Member Since: Apr 19, 2016

Hi Karthik,

Please go through the posts in this thread to clarify your doubts. It is best to choose LFT > Wire Transfer > Paypal.

Thanks

Chris

Ace Contributor
vishal d Member Since: Apr 20, 2016

Anybody facing delays in "LFT" recetnly, one of my transfer which i did last week hasnt been completed yet. They say there are delays in India specific "LFT".

Anybody facing same issue ?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Vishal,

If the funds don't settle into your bank account for more than 8 days, please contact Customer Support to initiate a trace.

Jitendra I Member Since: Feb 14, 2016

Dear there were holidays 14,15 and 19 April . It can be only reason for it to delay.