This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Is it a problem to choose payment method later

Highlighted
Farzina R Member Since: Oct 13, 2015

Hello all

My client has released fund and upwork sends me an email saying:

Your next step is to choose a payment method and set up your payment schedule. This will let us know how - and how often - you would like to receive your money.

We can't send your funds without knowing this information, so set up your payment preferences today. "

Now my question is: can I just continue now with further jobs and choose the payment method later ?

Thank you in advance

Farzina

4 REPLIES 4
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Farzina,

Please take a look at the information we provided in these two threads (here and here) and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much. The posts are helpful.

Ace Contributor
Md. Mostafizur R Member Since: Mar 18, 2016

Hello Farzina, Hope you are fine.

The answer is, yes, you can definitely continue further jobs and can add payment method later on. Though you have already noticed that in accordance with upwork's regulation, the fund on your account will be disbursed into your payment method when it is funded over 180 days.
What else if still some one won't add any payment method? In that scenario, he/she will already been notified several times. Then the fund could be freezed for a certain period of time and then it could be dormant.

As a Bangladeshi I could recommed you to use Our Online Bank namely Brac Bank, DBBL, EBL, UCB etc. In this case, all you need to do is, go to User Settings then click on "Get Paid" tab to the left nav bar. then on Add_a_Payment_Method like this image below:method_screenShot.jpg

Now provide your Bank's swift code (easy way to find, just google it) and click on Go Button. This lead you to the page where you need to provide Bank Information and Account Holder Information. Be Careful to provide your credentials so that it perfectly matches.

Hope this helps.

For more helps, you can PM me.

With Regards.

Thank you very much for spending your valuable time. It was helpful.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS