This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Its a big achievement despite I am on the interview stage - SALAMAT SAYO UPWORK

Highlighted
Jeffrey C Member Since: Aug 25, 2016

Despite of the struggle that I am facing today I am now seeing that precious gem.  They are my future client.  Being a freelancer most especially with Upwork is really a big mountain to claim.  It takes alot of steps for you to reach the peak.  I almost about to give up but good thing I have 4 clients waiting for my interview.

I know this is another stage but I believe I know the secret on how I can get that special nod.  I will update you all and hoping it will be an exciting result.  Hoping I can get all this 4 clients.

If I get this 4 possible jobs.  How will I devote my time in each of the task?  Being new to freelancing do you have the skills to manage your time in each of the task?  What is your assurance that you are on the right track?  I know this will be my next question but again I am here to share my experience on how I started looking for a job.

It is almost 4 months that I cannot find a job.  No interview, no email and no success at all.  I saw this CoWorking event headed by Ron and Avery.  Happy to say that my wife supported me on this event were I learned some tips and tricks on the said event.  I am about to undergo bootcamp that I need to spend thousand of money.  Lucky indeed they (Ron, Avery, Michel, Eisen, Larry and Glen) are the people who encourage me to work hard and do my best to find a job here in Upwork.

Tama nga sila, wala namang madaling gawin.  Kumain na nga lng ng isda eh matitinikan ka pa.  Buhay nga naman oh.  I almost about to quit in looking for a job with Upwork dahil ubos na yung connect ko.  October 3 that will be the time I have 60 connect and today I have 0 connect.  It was really a bad experience that until last morning wala pa talagang tumatawag sa akin o kahit magsend man lang ng email invitation.  Aayaw na sana talaga ako.  I want to go back to my comfort zone and that is going back to Corporate World.  Salamat sa Panginoon at sa tulong nya I am now entering the world of freelancing.  I do not know what will happen tomorrow but I still cherish this day a great opportunity because I proved to myself that I can complete to find that precious client.   Mahirap talaga but if you get the hung of it.  Wow, ganun lang pala.  Now I am getting another idea to learn big money with Upwork. Big opportunity and another blessing.  I just saw another opportunity to learn more.

To all of you who supported me in my endeavour most especially my Wife Ana.  Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Regards,

Jeff

13 REPLIES 13
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Jeffrey, 

This is really nice, and I'm happy to know that you're off to a great start! May I just request that you edit everything you wrote in Filipino to English, as it is a violation of the Upwork Community to write in a different language other than English. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you sharing this with the community. Hang in there, Jeffrey! Robot wink

-Avery
Untitled

Thank you Avery,

I will have a test or demo with my client on Tuesday and Final interview this week for 2 possible clients.  Hope this is it.

Thank you for the feedback and good thing I didn't avail that paid bootcamp.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Jeff

A few days from now it will be official that I will be working with my first ever Client here in Upwork.  It really pays off.  My client is a growing company and it has a big chances that I can grow with them.  Thank you so much for the tips.  Hope I can use this to bounce back and make up of the lost time that I don't have a stable job.

This week I am on the monitoring stage and hoping I can meet the qualification that they need.   

Thank you God for believing on me and thank you so much for giving me a true adviser and they are my Upwork Colleagues.

Regards,

Jeff

Frequent Visitor
Farrah C Member Since: Sep 15, 2016

hello, i am also new here and most of my applied jobs are declined. can you give some advice on how to stand out from the rest ? thanks

Good day Farrah, Thank you for reading my blog. I know you can do it. I am sharing what I've learned from our colleagues. Things to remember: -Make an Outstanding client centered profile. How? Showcase what can you do for your clients. Make your achievements as your basis on how to help them grow. -Create a cover letter that is also a client centered. -Always review and understand the Job Description (JD) before sending one. -It is better to use and rephrase what the Hiring Manager mentioned on their JD to show that you really read and understand what they are looking for. -Look for keywords and always indicate this on your cover letter. Sample: Please reply "Success" when sending a cover letter. First line of your cover letter is the word Success. Second Line is your cover letter. -Use all your resources. It is great that you visit this portal because that question you have is the most common question that is being asked and being answered by our colleagues. -Use Youtube, Facebook group about Online Jobs or back track same question posted here. Many people have different answer that will lead you land your first ever CLIENT. It took me almost 4 months to get my client so please treat them like a precious gem. It might be a mountain to climb but when you reach the peak, it is like walking in the rain.
Frequent Visitor
Bon Bon L Member Since: Sep 3, 2016

Hi Farrah, 

If you are first timer in upwork you better complete your profile first to make it 100% completed. Then take an exams especially english exam and some related to your skills.  Add also your porfolio or any links of you previous jobs to your profile. Write all that is about your skills as if you are applying a job in corporate company. Your profile is you resume so do it the best that you can be. 😄👊🏼

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
Well, someone worked for free. Did the client hire you yet? Are they even talking to you?

Good day Robert James,

I think in this world nothing is for free.  Knowing that the time you turn on the Computer, your electricity is counting.  However, you have a point that Free Service might help.

Again, any good deeds will help you land a better job.

Cheers.

Regards,

Jeff

Yes I am already hired and contract will be in place soon.  I signed a Confidentiality Agreement last night and I believe the ball is now rolling for both of us.

Regards,

Jeff