This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Let's discuss about "Local Funds Transfer (LFT)" - Recommended option for Indians in India. Is it?

Mukesh K Member Since: Apr 27, 2015

I do hope most of your here are using Internet Banking to do Online Transactions to check funds etc. If there is a KYC issue with the bank then bank will alert you online or during ATM used. So whatever they are suggesting or saying we just need to listen. But i am 100% sure its an issue with Intermediary Bank. Yesterday i asked to support they didnt gave me correct information, well they can say whatever they are told to say. But on other hand i received an email today that they have initiated to trace the funds. So i am hoping its cleared soon and this kind of issues doesnt happens again.

Ace Contributor
vishal d Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
They are sending same response to everyone about tace of our payment so again this is strange. By the way I used PayPal yesterday to withdraw money they charged me 4.5% but it was totally worth , I received payment today , in less than 24hrs , where as upwork is giving excuses about KYC, dear UPWORK team please explain this.

Thanks
Ace Contributor
Also when I called up my bank today again they told me they need swift copy or UTR ID of transaction to trace from their side but Upwork isn't providing it saying they are unable to do so.
Rituparna S Member Since: Feb 18, 2015

Dear Upwork team, Please let us know what is going on!! There is no such KYC issue or infact any other issues from our bank.

Or is it like that you don't want us to use LFT ??

Frequent Visitor
Akhil Vishnu N Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi Vishal, Same here I used paypal yesturday and recived money today morning. So there is no such a KYC issue. 

I hope its the issue with the intermediate bank

Hi,

Today I have found an interesting thing after adding paypal to my payment methods. Here is the notification message I got:

"Payment method PayPal (xyz@xyz.com) was recently added to Financial Account Rituparno Sonowal"

But interesting thing is my account name is not matching with the financial account name. Also there is no way to check the financial name. Now can anyone please tell, is it may be the issue of the payment hold??

As per customer help financial account name has no relation with the the Payment. But it's hard to believe!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ace Contributor
Yes financial name and bank or other methods names must be same but PayPal works with your email shouldn't be an issue, for PayPal at least it doesn't seems to matter but still get it corrected and this is nothing to do with recent bank issue as most of us were already using it without problem

Hi Vishal,

I am talking about my issue as my financial name was not matching with my upwork account name as well as with bank account. This might be the reason of my 13th Apr LFT issue!! They said it was a type error .. so it must be specific to me..

What do you mean by this "this is nothing to do with recent bank issue as most of us were already using it without problem"??

Ace Contributor

@rituparna 

if this is first time you are using upwork then yes else not. 

Ace Contributor

On another note I am so much happy the way paypal works, seriouly far better than even wiretransfer, LFT has alwasy delayed withdrawals since Odesk became upwork, I remember it was so predictive before when it was oDesk, now let there be a holiday and everything gets screwed.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS