This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Local Funds Transfer - Philippines (BDO)

Frequent Visitor
Mary Joan Therese B Member Since: May 16, 2018
Hello!

What bank are you using?

Thank u.
Frequent Visitor
Shiela Marie M Member Since: Jun 9, 2019

Really you only have to wait one day? So if I withdraw it on Friday morning I should be receiving it by Monday next week right?

Frequent Visitor
Jesse Emmanuel B Member Since: Jan 11, 2017

UPWORK -> PAYPAL -> UNIONBANK EON CARD.

it works, and only take around a day or two.

Humprey E Member Since: Feb 20, 2015

Does anyone of you tried transfering money directly to your EON account without using PayPal? As per Upwork starting March 20, 2017, transfers to PayPal will be $2 per transaction, so I am thinking of transfering money directly to my EON account instead.

Edward E Member Since: Apr 4, 2017

Hi. Have you tried transfering money directly to your EON account already? How much did it charge you for the transfer from Upwork to Eon then to withdrawing it from an ATM? Thanks.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Edward E wrote:

Hi. Have you tried transfering money directly to your EON account already? How much did it charge you for the transfer from Upwork to Eon then to withdrawing it from an ATM? Thanks.

If you're referring to Union Bank's EON account, then yes, it is one of the banks that are currently supported via the "direct to local bank" payment method.  Currently, my bank charges Php 100.00 per ATM withdrawal transaction. From Upwork to EON, that's under the jurisdiction of the Philippine Clearing House Corporation and that costs $0.99 per Upwork withdrawal transaction.  Along with Upwork service fees, the Local Funds transfer fee is automatically deducted from our earnings.  The ATM withdrawal transaction fees may be gleaned from the bank statement issued by Union Bank.

Frequent Visitor
Julie T Member Since: May 12, 2017

Hi, from what I understood with your answer, Upwork to EON ( or Direct to Local Bank) will only cost $0.99 per withdrawal, correct?

Is there an incoming fee for Unionbank?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Julie, 

If I'm not mistaken, I think the incoming remmitance fees for Union Bank is at Php 150. You may confirm this with your local bank. 

I'd like to share that because of our banking relationships, Upwork transfers are not currently charged any incoming remittance fees by the following banks:

• Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI Direct and BPI Family Savings accounts don't qualify for this waiver)
  • Banco de Oro
  • Standard Chartered Bank

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Julie T wrote:

Hi, from what I understood with your answer, Upwork to EON ( or Direct to Local Bank) will only cost $0.99 per withdrawal, correct?

Is there an incoming fee for Unionbank?

There used to be an incoming remittance fee of Php 100.00 per transaction but the most recent entries in my bank statement does not reflect the deduction anymore.   Is it possible that things have been cleared because of the ePaycard issue?  

Maribeth M Member Since: Jun 5, 2015

Both BDO and BPI does not charge me anything.  The $0.99 fee every withdrawal is an Upwork fee not a bank fee.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS