This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

My account is suddenly suspended but I don't know why it happened.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Prince H Member Since: Nov 27, 2018

I got this email but they did not mention me the actual mistake. Please help me to reactive my account. Thanks

Hello Prince Hossain,

I am writing to let you know that we have carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that your Upwork account will remain suspended.

We know this is not the news you wanted to receive, however at this point the appeal process is exhausted and our decision is final. If you have any open contracts you will be able to complete that work and receive payment through our site. You will not be able to submit proposals for new contracts, however.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Please note that it is unlikely that we will respond to any future correspondence regarding this matter.

Regards,

Trexie
Upwork Trust & Safety

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Visitor
Christianne G Member Since: Dec 7, 2018

Sorry to dissappoint Prince H. But this is a default reply for all the suspended accounts.

Thousand of accounts are suspended everyday and they're very fast in rejecting appeals.

I knew that this note "we have carefully reviewed..." is a just big lie. So either they have thousands of agents "carefully" reviewing appeals or they have bots with thousands of name automatically replying rejections.

One good explanation on this is supply and demand. They have enough freelancers for their current number of employers. These freelancers are already earning and in return, good for Upwork. Upwork is taking care of their current freelancers by reducing unncessary competition (this is why Upwork only recommends accounts with stars).

So in summary, the only reason why accounts are suspended is that they belong to the "surplus" of supply of freelancers. So our only chace is either the employer volume in Upwork rises, or we wait for the current freelancers to retire.

Hope this helps and enlightens you to stop expecting from Upwork. I have a lot of friends who got suspended too for unknown reason but on one common denominator - new freelancers.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

@Christianne G wrote:

Sorry to dissappoint Prince H. But this is a default reply for all the suspended accounts.

Thousand of accounts are suspended everyday and they're very fast in rejecting appeals.

I knew that this note "we have carefully reviewed..." is a just big lie. So either they have thousands of agents "carefully" reviewing appeals or they have bots with thousands of name automatically replying rejections.

One good explanation on this is supply and demand. They have enough freelancers for their current number of employers. These freelancers are already earning and in return, good for Upwork. Upwork is taking care of their current freelancers by reducing unncessary competition (this is why Upwork only recommends accounts with stars).

So in summary, the only reason why accounts are suspended is that they belong to the "surplus" of supply of freelancers. So our only chace is either the employer volume in Upwork rises, or we wait for the current freelancers to retire.

Hope this helps and enlightens you to stop expecting from Upwork. I have a lot of friends who got suspended too for unknown reason but on one common denominator - new freelancers.

I doubt that very much. Active freelancers who have earnings are not suspended without reason, that makes no sense. Only new applicants are rejected because of too much supply in that field. 

Frequent Visitor
Sirius F Member Since: Feb 8, 2017

Hi I have the same problem, my account has been suspended. How can I know what happen? How can I activate my account?

Its been a long time since I do not use my Upwork account. Now I have entered and I have found the following message:

"It looks like your Upwork account is suspended. To get all the details, look for the email we sent you at the time your account was suspended. The email subject line should read: “Your Upwork account has been suspended."

I have search for the email but I can't find it.

I find this weird since I never have taken any jobs so I cannot have a negative feedback

please help

Frequent Visitor
Sirius F Member Since: Feb 8, 2017

Hi I have the same problem, my account has been suspended. How can I know what happen? How can I activate my account?

Its been a long time since I do not use my Upwork account. Now I have entered and I have found the following message:

"It looks like your Upwork account is suspended. To get all the details, look for the email we sent you at the time your account was suspended. The email subject line should read: “Your Upwork account has been suspended."

I have search for the email but I can't find it. I find this weird since I never have taken any jobs so I cannot have a negative feedback

please help

Frequent Visitor
Grant W Member Since: Dec 23, 2018

Hello, my account was also suspended however, I have not received even an email telling me so. I found out when i signe in and it was suspended. I can't even contact customer support! When I click on the messege at the top saying contact them it loops me right back to the same job feed page. I would really like an opportunity to at least respond or close my account.  Any help would be much appreciated! 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS