This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

My client offers new job before the completion of the present one

Highlighted
Farzina R Member Since: Oct 13, 2015

I am excited that I’ve got my first job on upwork and the task is on the way. It’s a fixed price job and the deadline for the first milestone is June 30. However, even without receiving my finished product, my client offers another job today.

I am a bit puzzled. I replied:

“I would really like to continue. (By the way, are you sure ? Since you have not seen my blogs yet.)

Is my reply appropriate ?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Ace Contributor
Md. Mostafizur R Member Since: Mar 18, 2016

Hello Farzina,

Congrats!

Your reply is definitly ok since you didn't receive the first milestone yet.

Regarding your query, I would like to denote that client of course can offer you for another job. May be he/she plans to close the first job soon and he believes you are able to finish the first one. You may closely look at the second one whether is it little different considering amount or timeline?
 -> The more job you hired by a same client, it would add more value to your profile <- :-)

By the way, one thing I would like to point out, you may see your Client's Work History and Feedback to get an idea about client's experiences in upwork. If you think your client is inexperienced then you can hints him about continuation of a same job even if it is a fixed priced job - means, client can continue with a single fixed price job and able to pay you by one after another task completed upon agreement.

Hope this helps.

With Best Regards.

Farzina R Member Since: Oct 13, 2015

Thank you for valuable suggestions. I will watch out the factors you have mentioned.

Regards

Farzina

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS