This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

My upwork account has been suspended.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Sanchayan B Member Since: Oct 24, 2017

My upwork account has been suspended.The reason is very surprising.After working in upwork for 4-5 years over more than 140 projects,registering more than 650 hours and earning more than 7K upwork feels recently I am rejecting lot of offers or my bids are not gaining any response.The truth is that I have been rejecting the offers because the amount offered by the clients are far less than my usual rates now days.Having said so that has happened only over the last one or two months but I have still managed to earn at an average of 100$ every month.Upwork does not allow me to to contenst the market place rejection and my account is suspended at this moment all though I can log into my account and see the details but cannot apply for new projects.I have lost quiet a few clients because of this.Is there any hope of reactivating my account.If yes how.

15 REPLIES 15
Frequent Visitor
Can anybody please help me out with this.It is very frustrating to find your account having this fate after working in Upwork for so many years and maintaining a decent rating.The fun part is I can log into my account but I cannot apply.I do not see any mistake commited by me only that I have been rejecting offers which I felt is lower than my usual rate .Also I have been receiving replies from the proposals I have been making.So that cannot be the issue also.
Frequent Visitor
Indranil C Member Since: Feb 11, 2019

Same happened to me. I only sent 9 bids in 23 days..5/6 of them is still open. Suddenly I find my account is suspended. It very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor
Vladimir M Member Since: Mar 12, 2018

Hello,

My account was suspended too. Can someone of moderators help me with this?

I've checked my inbox and can't find anything related to this.

(can't start new topic)

Thank you a lot!

Frequent Visitor

Why is the upwork community guru's silent about this.I have posted this for almost three days now and no real reply from anybody.Just wondering again and again how a profile of somebody like me having loads of upwork experience having a decent rating and still negotiating with clients from some of my job proposals I had sent recently can be suspended.To be very honest the reason I received like I am not receiving too many replies from prospective clients also does not hold true as I said earlier I have  been in negotiation with quiet a few of them.Even the market place does not care to listen to my story.I can go on in my life with out upwork as I have a decent freelance earning from other freelancing sites as well.But I feel like I am victimised and I am not going to give it up without knowing the actual reason.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Sanchayan B wrote:

Why is the upwork community guru's silent about this.I have posted this for almost three days now and no real reply from anybody.

That is a normal reaction, Sanchayan.  Kidding aside, how may be of help to you today?

Just wondering again and again how a profile of somebody like me having loads of upwork experience having a decent rating and still negotiating with clients from some of my job proposals I had sent recently can be suspended.

I think that one way to find that out is to read the ToS.

To be very honest the reason I received like I am not receiving too many replies from prospective clients also does not hold true as I said earlier I have  been in negotiation with quiet a few of them.Even the market place does not care to listen to my story.I can go on in my life with out upwork as I have a decent freelance earning from other freelancing sites as well.

Wow!  I feel happy for you.

But I feel like I am victimised and I am not going to give it up without knowing the actual reason.

It looks like you feel miserable being in such a state.  I admire your courage, Sanchayan.

Frequent Visitor
Hi Judy,

It's great to see somebody cared to answer from Upwork.Thanks for that.To answer your question what I expect is a honest answer.I read the TOC.It says too many applications without any reply.I was getting replies from prospective clients .The only point was the amount offered in some of the recent job requests was below my rate which I declined.What I want is an honest reply considering my case what is the way forward.What can I do to reactivate the account.But thanks for replying once again.
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Just to clarify: only people with an upwork logo are actually upwork employees. All others are freelancers such as yourself, be they frequent visitors or gurus or whatever. They have no way of assisting you beyond some more or less helpful hints. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi Martina,

I know.I just wanted to reply to what Juvy said and also just wanted to put forward my point.If I had made a mistake some where I am ready to accept but I am not ready to digest some thing which is not right.And as each day passes and I donot receive a reply from upwork and also my mails to market place remains un answered I am equally more determined to get an answer on why this has happened to me.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Juvy,

Thanks for the reply.Atleast some body finally cared to say something.

To answer your question one by one

That is a normal reaction, Sanchayan.  Kidding aside, how may be of help to you today?

Very simple.What should some body who has been active in upwork and have done so many project efficiently and having a decent upwork rating do to get back his account.Or is it like since upwork has taken a decision whether it is right or wrong it is final.I will not be allowed to defend my position.

I think that one way to find that out is to read the ToS.

You will get the answer from my post.I did get reply from some of the prospective clients but the amount offered by them was not upto my expectation.Even the night my account got suspended if you check my account you will find was in a discussion with one of my client when suddenly everything stopped.

Wow!  I feel happy for you.

Thanks for the complement.

It looks like you feel miserable being in such a state.  I admire your courage, Sanchayan.

I do feel miserable as I have really worked hard to come to this far and I am not going to give it away so easily.All I want is a reconsideration of my caset and suggestion on how I can get back my account.

Thanks once again for your precious time.

Thanks,

Sanchayan