This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Need help - Wire Transfer to Pakistan in US$

Highlighted
waqas a Member Since: Dec 17, 2016

Hello All

I had a problem in Wire Transfer (US$) to pakistan

Recently I sent wire transfer to my bank account in Pakistan(Bank Islami)

But it returned to Upwork : the reason was the intermediate bank 

Intermediate bank only intimiated but did not transfer the funds to my bank.

Querying upwork support, there were also not able to help .

I can transfer money in my local currency but I want to transfer in US$ to a pakistani bank (for better rates)

WHAT I NEED TO KNOW (from any body in pakistan)is

I want to open a new account in some bank to which I can transfer money in US$. so any one who has already transferred wire Transfer (in US$) to a pakistani can let me know the name of bank which is best for Wire transfer in US$.  Is Allied/Askari good for that also?

STandard chartered is not the option for me as that does not have a branch in my city

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014

Best suggestion for you to use payoneer ATM Card to withdraw your amount any ware in the word. I can give you its link. 

Bank of punjab is also another way to withdraw via wire transfer from Upwork. I think that you have BOP branch in your city. I have done that in my earliar career. 

Thank you dear but

I actually need help from someone, who has recently transfered via wire transfer in US$. Like in last some months

Previously I was on Elance and I never had such problem with same account. But recently with upwork it has changed

Frequent Visitor
Nouman F Member Since: Dec 29, 2016

You can choose Allied Bank, allied bank transfer funds from upwork after 2 to 3 days. if you transfer US$ from upwork in pakistan , it has higher charges. You can check option on payment withdraw method . You can directly help from upwork regarding US$ transfer to pakistan directly.

Thank you Nauman F

Actually I can successfully transfer in my Local currency(PKR) to my account in Bank Islami

It is US$ Wire transfer that was the problem

Yes I know it is US$ Wire Transfer has higher charges. But if you have to transfer more than $600 then US$ wire transfer is better in terms of Exchange rates

Upwork gives Rs 99.5 per $. And local Interbank rate is 104.4. So you can see the difference

So, I still want to know which bank to use for US$ Wire Transfer

regards 

Asjad J Member Since: Apr 2, 2016

Hi Waqas,

I completely understand what you wanna say. I was wondering to ask this question myself. Well, as far as my research shows Standard Chartered Bank Dollars account would be the option for a wire transfer. I've been using SCB since 2011 and I can confidently say that they are practising the best banking services in the country. I guess, you would need to maintain a minimum of $2000 in your SCB dollar account and you're good to go. You can receive foreign remittances in dollars and can easily withdraw them anytime, as far as you maintain the minimum deposit limit. Well, I would suggest to visit a nearest SCB branch and discuss the dollar account in details.

I hope it helps.

Regards!

---
"where there's a will there's a way"

Thank you sir 
for the kind information

Frequent Visitor
Muneeb U Member Since: Feb 24, 2019

Having trouble here where I am trying to recieve my funds in my Company account. 
anyone here who knows how to deal with such matter?

Sole Proprietorship based Company in Pakistan. 
I checked the guidelines but there is no specification of where I should input that information.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS