This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Open Contract, Unresponsive Client

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Christian B Member Since: Dec 27, 2015

My client invited me to do some drafting works for his project so i accepted his invitation. After we got the contract i never heard anything from him, he has not sent the files he said i'm going to work with. Its been 5 days now and we got 2 days remaining in the contract. I cant do anything because he is not responding to my messeges. 

My question is, Will i receive a badfeed back score if i connot do the project at the end of the contract?  

3 REPLIES 3
Ace Contributor
Cheyenne L Member Since: Mar 16, 2015

If you don't take action yourself, you probably will get a bad feedback score. The client could say anything and you would have no recourse. I would suggest reporting the problem to upwork customer service, at least that way you avoid a bad review being allowed to be put on your profile. Good luck!!

Ace Contributor
Christian B Member Since: Dec 27, 2015

Thanks,  I've sent about 5 messeges to my client but still no response. I am really worried

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Christian,

If your client is not responding to your messages, go ahead and close the contracts. Your clients will have the opportunity to provide feedback during the 14-day period after the end date. Your Job Success Score won't be affected negatively if you as a freelancer close your contracts, unless there's a pattern of contracts with no feedback.

The party that ends the contract is required to leave feedback, and we'd advise building your communication and relationships with clients in a way that you don't need to close the contracts yourself. 

I hope this helps! 
Avery

-Avery
Untitled