This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Pending payments on suspended account

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Christine Joyce E Member Since: May 7, 2018

Hello! I am asking because I received a mail regarding my account has been suspended because I have submitted a high number of proposals for jobs on the site without many contracts or earnings and upwork suspended my access to Upwork indefinitely. 

So my questions are:

1. I still have a pending payments in my transaction history, can I still withdraw my earnings?

2. What does "indefinitely" means? Is it permanent?

5 REPLIES 5
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Christine Joyce, 

Looks like the limitation to your account has already been lifted. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Muhammad Bilal H Member Since: May 21, 2018

Hello,

I have the same scenario I am working with my client since 15 jan on hourly basis. This is my first job since I registered. so my question is payments are in "Pending" state, and I get an email that my account is closed permanently can you please help me out.

Regards,

Bilal

Frequent Visitor
M Ali M Member Since: Jan 28, 2017

Hi Avery,

I never thought about writing my issue here in the community forum but unfortunatily Upwork support is not helping me in this regard so I'm writing here.

I got an email yesterday that I've another duplicate account and your account is suspended but I don't have any account.

I've explained the matter to support guy but he's not being convinced. I'm a Top Rated Freelancer from last 2 years and I don't have single bad or missing review from last two years. I'm a full time freelancer who is depended on upwork earnings as I can't travel out of my hometown. 

Can you please help me with this as it's a huge misunderstanding. My account is a verified account but upwork support guy is considering the other account orignal but mine one dupplicate. If he realy think that other account is mine then close that one not the current one.

Because this is my orignal account.

Thanks

Eulet T Member Since: Mar 23, 2019

Hi

I just got suspended too. I created a client page and posted a job it was removed and i assumed it was because it included a link. I however removed the link and reposted now i've been permanently suspended. I have current earnings to be paid out and it's hard to work and just loose your funds like that especially when i did not intentionally do anything to violate TOS. Will i be able to withdraw my funds at all. seeing that they it cannot be reactivated?

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Eulet T wrote:

Hi

I just got suspended too. I created a client page and posted a job it was removed and i assumed it was because it included a link. I however removed the link and reposted now i've been permanently suspended. I have current earnings to be paid out and it's hard to work and just loose your funds like that especially when i did not intentionally do anything to violate TOS. Will i be able to withdraw my funds at all. seeing that they it cannot be reactivated?

As for your potential earnings, Eulet, I am inclined to think that such a measure is important in order to save your business from losing.  I found this out because I have a registered business myself.  I am not sure, though, how things are in your country.