This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Problem with Identity Verification

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Ali Imran H Member Since: May 11, 2018

Hi Guys, 
I am having a problem regarding identity verification. I had created my profile with name 'Ali Imran' which is not my official name. So, I have changed my profile name in the settings and now it shows my correct/official name. However, when I try to verify my account for getting paid, it shows the previous name. 
Please help me with this.

14 REPLIES 14
Ace Contributor
Ilyas M Member Since: Apr 2, 2015

Write email to Upwork Support team and they will sort it out. 

Frequent Visitor

I have mailed them several times, but the answer is always an auto reply which says that they cannot accept my application because the marketpace already has many freelancers with a similar skillset to yours. This is totally irrelevant to my query. My profile has log been approved and I have earned money. I just need to verify my identity.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

@Ali Imran H wrote:

I have mailed them several times, but the answer is always an auto reply which says that they cannot accept my application because the marketpace already has many freelancers with a similar skillset to yours. This is totally irrelevant to my query. My profile has log been approved and I have earned money. I just need to verify my identity.

not sure if you were successful changing your name, on your post here I can see the name you claim to be the wrong one. 

Frequent Visitor

It shows on my profile 'Ali Imran Hashmi' which is my correct/official name. 'Ali Imran' is not my official name.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

@Ali Imran H wrote:

It shows on my profile 'Ali Imran Hashmi' which is my correct/official name. 'Ali Imran' is not my official name.

thanks for clarifying

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Martina. Do you know any way to get a human support. I have tried a lot but could not get.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Ali Imran H wrote:

Thanks Martina. Do you know any way to get a human support. I have tried a lot but could not get.

I don't understand what you mean to say by "human support", Ali Imran.

Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,
I have been trying to get in touh with Upwork's support, but I only get autoreply mails and chat bots. I need to solve my identity verification issue. How can I contact real persons on Upwork's support.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Ali Imran H wrote:

Hi guys,
I have been trying to get in touh with Upwork's support, but I only get autoreply mails and chat bots. I need to solve my identity verification issue. How can I contact real persons on Upwork's support.

I typed "upwork global inc" and found " this:

Upwork - Hire Freelancers & Get Freelance Jobs Online

https://www.upwork.com/

Then clicking on "Contact Us"  I realized that Upwork has 4 branches already!  Woohoo!
There are 2 California branches, another office is in San Francisco and one is in Chicago.  The fifth element will be in the Philippines! Hahaha!

Going back to your concern, I am not sure whether what you mean by "human contact" is having a face-to-face conversation with a CS representative.  But normally I can reach them via email (and I get a response right away) and now I feel guilty because I don't "pay them forward" in a fast manner.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS