This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Profile Not Approved [SOLVED]

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Trisha A Member Since: Oct 9, 2017

Hello, For the past few days I've been updating my skills and experiences, taking upwork readiness test and other relevant tests, submitted a portfolio and done my profile to 100% completion- and I still did not get approved. Did I do something wrong? It's been two weeks.

If anyone would be so kind enough to check my profile and give their advice, that would tremendously help Smiley Happy Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES 9
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Trisha,

I checked and see your profile was approved.

Xiaohui Z Member Since: Oct 19, 2017

HI Vladimir, could you help me get my profile approved? quite depressed about the reject. I really hope have a chance to  work in Upwork. ThanksSmiley Happy

Frequent Visitor
Trisha A Member Since: Oct 9, 2017
My profile just got approved. Turns out I linked an outside contact in my overview. Thanks so much! Smiley Very Happy
Frequent Visitor
Rishav R Member Since: Dec 16, 2018

Greetings of the day!

How can I know if my profile is approved? I have completed it 100% with portfolios and have mentioned all relevant work experiences.

Regards

Udbhav B Member Since: Nov 29, 2017

Hi,

Can you take a look on my profile too as i also gave a lot of your tests relevant to my profile. And still if you don'twanna approve kindly provide the ways in whichI can approve to get approved by you.

Thanks in advance.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Udbhav B wrote:

Hi,

Can you take a look on my profile too as i also gave a lot of your tests relevant to my profile. And still if you don'twanna approve kindly provide the ways in whichI can approve to get approved by you.

Thanks in advance.

Only Upwork employees have the power to approve user profiles, Udbhav.  I think your issue has been addressed already in another thread. 

Md Pavel B Member Since: Jul 27, 2017

Why profile Not Approved?

Basically, Upwork seeks for the profile of freelancers, a combination of experience and skills according to client’s demand. While signing up for Upwork, you should know that you’re going to join the world’s best freelancing platform. They’ve their own screening process to approve your profile. 

If Upwork rejects your profile, it’s not the end. Even if you don’t get approved, you can always make some changes and resubmit your profile. There’s no reason to stop trying if you’re rejected the first (or second, or third) time.

Do You Know Upwork Marketplace Freelancer Profile Rejection Criteria?

If Upwork is rejecting your profile, it doesn’t mean they did it randomly. If a client is searching for a freelancer, Upwork has its own algorithm according to their requirement. It doesn’t mean that all of the tasks are robotic, this approval process may also own human component available. Now while making your profile, a freelancer should consider some points:

What actually Upwork is seeking for?

Why are they seeking?

By considering these two questions, you’ll be able to create a profile that got approval. Let’s have a look (Click here) at some important steps that drive your Upwork profile towards an approval. 

Nguyen L Member Since: Oct 18, 2018
I'm also desperate here. It's been two weeks and I just got rejected over and over
Frequent Visitor
Rishav R Member Since: Dec 16, 2018

Has your profile been approved yet?