This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Profile Review

Nguyen L Member Since: Oct 18, 2018
Hi guys, I'm new to Upwork and just have my profile completed. Can you review it and give me advices to get it approved? Thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

@Nguyen L wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new to Upwork and just have my profile completed. Can you review it and give me advices to get it approved? Thanks in advance

I don't have any tips on how to get approved, it is really hard these days, as upwork gets about 10K new applicants each day and accepts only a small number. Only people with skills that are underrepresented will make it. 

That may very well be in your case.

But generally, you have to change your wording. You state that you are here because you want to learn, that your work is based on truth and honesty, and don't care about the money you make. 

Look at this from a clients perspective:

Your client does not want to teach you anything, he wants you to have the necessary skills already, he wants your work to based on your skills (truth and honesty should be a given), he wants you to be confident about your skills, and if you don't care how much he pays you for it, you will not be taken seriously.  You just invite scammers that way. 

Thank you so much, I will edit my it right away. Anything else that should be changed?
Hi, I'm new to Upwork. I have created this account for two weeks and Upwork still rejects my profile. I tried every tip and trick, added portfolio, experience, tests... but Upwork keeps sending me an email over and over that said my profile has been rejected.
What should I do now?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011

@Nguyen L wrote:

What should I do now?

Find a different platform. This one is full.

Every day 10.000 freelancers try to join Upwork. 98% are rejected.

Of those who get in, the majority never earn a single Dollar.

Frequent Visitor
Virginia M Member Since: Oct 16, 2018

Hi, an existent UpWork customer is willing to hire me ASAP part-time in this platform and we agreed I could also work for other customers so I've created my profile really quick and I'm ready to start working for him. But I can't get my profile approved, I just completed all my profile with more information. Can you please advice how to continue? My customer is aware of the Bring your Freelancer feature but he agreed to have me as normal user in UpWork

Thank you in advanced,

regards.

Virginia

Hi Virginia,
To the best of my knowledge, as soon as your customer uses the BYOF feature, your profile will be accepted immediately.
Nitish S Member Since: Nov 6, 2018

My profile is also 100% completed but not approving. Can anyone tell me the exact reason for this and tips for getting approved, I tried many times.

Thanks in advance.

Frequent Visitor
Saljith M Member Since: Sep 18, 2018

hi friend.... me too trying to get it approved for the last three months. nothing happened. i have showed my skills overthere and even wrote many exams to show my skill. me too badly disappointed

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS