This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Profile approval

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Ranoa C Member Since: Jul 1, 2017
Hi team upwork.
i have joined upwork since last year and tried so hard to get my profile accepted but every try comes out with the same answer " currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise".
kindly guide me what has to be done to get my profile accepted please.
I find posted jobs that are very much fitted to my skills ( civil engineer high expertise in primavera p6 and construction scheduling) , and im frustated that i cant even take a try and show my skills to clients.
Im also well versed in rebar cutting list as well as quantity surveying building estimates, autocad , planswift.
Appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a lot!
5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Visitor
Alberto Z Member Since: Sep 25, 2018

Hi,

I have the same problem. I got three times the same type of email:

The usual email notification:

"Thank you for your interest in joining Upwork. We have reviewed your application to join, and regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your Upwork freelancer registration at this time. Please do not consider this a reflection of your abilities – while we would like to offer every qualified freelancer a spot, admission is highly competitive as Upwork receives more than ...."

I wrote all what I did and I completed all the parts with skills, experiences and some samples of my portfolio.

Maybe my account is rejected automatically by automated bot after 24h?

Mine also less than 24h, unfortunately

I checked me too in the "search profile" to find people from my same country with my skills and I haven't found so many pro in my field. 

I'd like to have a help and advice cos I don't know what I can add more than I have already written or added

Many thanks

Frequent Visitor
Ranoa C Member Since: Jul 1, 2017
Hoping we could get some help here.
Frequent Visitor
Alberto Z Member Since: Sep 25, 2018

me too! I think the same. Just to have a message to understand why we can not try to work

Ashish R Member Since: Oct 5, 2013

You may try with the alternate but similar platform, www.freelancer.in. That would narrow down the whether the problem is procedural in the way Upwork works or elsewhere.

Frequent Visitor
Nhoret Jay P Member Since: May 25, 2018

Hi there! What I can advise is don't quit. Try to check the latest demand Upwork Skill index and upgrade your skills! 

https://www.upwork.com/press/2018/11/13/q3-2018-skills/

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS