This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Profile is Not Getting Approved

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Adil M Member Since: Sep 20, 2018

I am unable to discover the reason of an ultimate rejection of my profile for almost 5 times.

Having top 10 and 20 percent scores in a few skill tests, it still says our market have no place for your skills.

I believe many freelancers are registering their accounts with the same skills.

Can anyone check and proofread my profile? so I can enhance it according to the requirements.

Much thanks for the cooperation.

5 REPLIES 5
Ace Contributor
Saeed A Member Since: Aug 28, 2018

If you are good at SEO writing mention that in your Title instead of PDF conversion and try again. 

Ace Contributor
Ilyas M Member Since: Apr 2, 2015

Skills having "Transcription, PDF Conversion and Internet Research" are in bulk numbers in Upwork platform. So try to bring your unique skills like analytical, data mining (rather than research), data science skills which are mostly demanded nowadays.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the helpful remarks. Is there anything else missing on my profile which need to be fixed? I'm going to update my skills and modify the title, overview and relevant sections.

I have seen a few related posts where administrators have replied on the posts. Can i call them here?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

@Adil M wrote:

Thanks for the helpful remarks. Is there anything else missing on my profile which need to be fixed? I'm going to update my skills and modify the title, overview and relevant sections.

I have seen a few related posts where administrators have replied on the posts. Can i call them here?

Nobody here can know why upwork approves a profile, or rejects it. They might have changed their approach due to the IPO, or because of the sheer numbers. Consider that they get 10000 new applicants a day, accept around 1400 a day, and are some areas are completely swamped. Of the 1850000 something freelancers here, only 10% have any earnings at all. 

Once your profile is approved, you might think about how you want to stand out from the others. Never show below average results on test. for one thing. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Means a lot

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS