This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Profile keeps being rejected

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Aarkem Electro Mec P Member Since: Sep 10, 2018

Dear Upwork team,

My profile is 100% complete. I have submitted my profile for approval so many times but it keeps being rejected. I understand that you are trying to make sure that there is not too much competetion between freelancers with similar skill set. However, I would like to point out that name of skills may be similar but level of understanding can be greatly different from person to person. My experience as engineer, entrepreneur, and programmer provides me with combination of skill set that can be applied in very creative way to provide one stop solution for clients at highest level. My experience ranges from working as design engineer who also managed manufacturing, instrumentation, installation and service. I have also founded and cofounded 3 companies and all of them are in business. Being an entrepreneur I have gained skills in business development, brand development, sales and marketing aprt from the obvious technical knowledge. All I am saying is please do not judge the profile by the names of the skills only.

I request you to review my profile and approve or please let me know what I need to do to get my profile approved as I have already submitted my profile for approval so many times, I think I ran out of ideas.

Thanks you.

9 REPLIES
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011

Every day 10.000 new people want to join Upwork

98% are rejected. Of the 2% who are accepted, most never earn a single Dollar.

Once you have been rejected, chances of being accepted fall with each rejection. After 3 or more failed attempts your chance of being accepted are pretty close to or equal to zero.

Frequent Visitor
Manuel M Member Since: Oct 25, 2018

Hey Petra, can you check my profile now? it's much better now and more focused.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012288c4b91dd839ca

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011

@Manuel M wrote:

Hey Petra, can you check my profile now? it's much better now and more focused.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012288c4b91dd839ca

Ciao Manuel, it is better, but you want to find your USP (unique selling point) and pack that in the first line of your profile.

Personally I'd move the "enthusiastic / driven" stuff down a paragraph and concentrate on what a client would want to see: Something like "With over 10 years experience including major feature films, MTV I have earned accolades from experts in the industry." as a start.

Also, personally I would not use 3rd person (he...) - it is your profile so use "I."

Unless you are Julius Caesar or Queen Elizabeth the Second do not speak about yourself in the 3rd person Smiley Wink

Frequent Visitor
Manuel M Member Since: Oct 25, 2018

you are great! :-) thank you so much! I edit the profile right now

Frequent Visitor
Jhony C Member Since: Jan 8, 2019

Hi Petra,

Can you kindly review my profile as well? I just got rejected and did not get any objective feedback. Is there anything I can improve from my profile?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your response Smiley Happy

Muhammad Shamshad A Member Since: Jul 24, 2018

Hi Johny,

Hope you are doing good.

Would you mind sending a private message in my inbox? I would love to give you some valuable tips in this regard

Pls let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Muhammad.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

@Muhammad Shamshad A wrote:

Hi Johny,

Hope you are doing good.

Would you mind sending a private message in my inbox? I would love to give you some valuable tips in this regard

Pls let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Muhammad.

Do share your helpful hints with the rest of the community! No secrets!

Frequent Visitor
Alexandru M Member Since: Aug 18, 2018

Hello Petra,

Can you please review my profile also?

It seems that after I resubmitted my profile for acceptance, it still got rejected.

Thank you for your interest in joining Upwork. We have reviewed your application to join, and regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your Upwork freelancer registration at this time. Please do not consider this a reflection of your abilities – while we would like to offer every qualified freelancer a spot, admission is highly competitive as Upwork receives more than 10,000 freelancer registrations daily. To help ensure that the freelancers we accept have the best chance at finding opportunities on our platform, we can only accept a small percentage of those who want to join. If you feel that the profile you submitted does not accurately represent your skills and experience, you are free to update and resubmit your profile.

Sincerely,

How can i overcome this?

Can you guide me please, because the email doesn't give any guidelines!

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor
Najmus S Member Since: Dec 30, 2018

Hi Petra.

Couple of days ago I created my profile on upwork as a content writer. I was previously working on another freelancing platform and earned a lot and now want to expand my business on upwork. My question is that, can I paste links to my projects done on another site be pasted in th eportfolio?

Also, if someone help me to point out the deficiencies in my profile as I received the rejection message today.

Regards

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS