This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Profile keeps being rejected

Frequent Visitor
Alexandru M Member Since: Aug 18, 2018

Hello Petra,

Can you please review my profile also?

It seems that after I resubmitted my profile for acceptance, it still got rejected.

Thank you for your interest in joining Upwork. We have reviewed your application to join, and regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your Upwork freelancer registration at this time. Please do not consider this a reflection of your abilities – while we would like to offer every qualified freelancer a spot, admission is highly competitive as Upwork receives more than 10,000 freelancer registrations daily. To help ensure that the freelancers we accept have the best chance at finding opportunities on our platform, we can only accept a small percentage of those who want to join. If you feel that the profile you submitted does not accurately represent your skills and experience, you are free to update and resubmit your profile.

Sincerely,

How can i overcome this?

Can you guide me please, because the email doesn't give any guidelines!

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor
Najmus S Member Since: Dec 30, 2018

Hi Petra.

Couple of days ago I created my profile on upwork as a content writer. I was previously working on another freelancing platform and earned a lot and now want to expand my business on upwork. My question is that, can I paste links to my projects done on another site be pasted in th eportfolio?

Also, if someone help me to point out the deficiencies in my profile as I received the rejection message today.

Regards

Frequent Visitor
Sinan B Member Since: Jan 2, 2019

Hi there Petra. 

Can you please check my account. It looks fine to me but I am rejected almost 7 times. I have checked some designers here and I am better most of them. 

Regards

Sinan

Frequent Visitor
Pardeep J Member Since: Dec 28, 2018

Hi Petra,

I have submitted my profile for approval many times but it is still not approved by upwork? I did everything to get this run updated my best skills, passed skill test, updated portfolio even my overview. Please help if I missed something or is there another issue with my profile?

Frequent Visitor
Intercept Z Member Since: Dec 14, 2018

Hi Petra,

Could you please review my company profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013d9b3ce6539f084c?viewMode=1

The profile is 100% correct and I can see there are opportunities out there on upwork Platform. It will be great If you can provide suggestions to get the profile selected.

Any help from your side will be much appreciated.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Intercept Z wrote:

Hi Petra,

Could you please review my company profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013d9b3ce6539f084c?viewMode=1

The profile is 100% correct and I can see there are opportunities out there on upwork Platform. It will be great If you can provide suggestions to get the profile selected.

Any help from your side will be much appreciated.

A freelancer profile must represent 1 natural person, if you are a group of more than 1, you must create an agency comprised of 2 or more freelancers as above. 

Frequent Visitor
Yaroslav N Member Since: Jan 29, 2019

Hi @Petra, @Martina, Upwork colleagues, 

I'm also wondering why my profile could have been rejected. Twice as of now.

If someone could take a look at it https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01cfee12a7eef34f09/ and give me some kind of a hint, I would be really grateful.

I have a ton of experience in software development and architecture and might be a bit on a higher end of the pricing. https://www.linkedin.com/in/ynovytskyy/

Could this be a deal breaker for Upwork?

On the other hand, I've already reviewed some project descriptions and there's quite a few that need the experience that I can provide. So I'm not sure why I get rejected.

Would taking tests prove my experience and help my profile accepted?

Can I contact Upwork support that can help me understand what is the reason for rejection?

Thanks!

Yaroslav

Enes G Member Since: Jan 30, 2019

Hi Petra,

Today I applied -I don't know maybe 11th times- for profile review. I keep receiveng the usual e-mail notification about rejection. Each time before I apply, I change one of the skills tags that I have a relevant experience, but still no luck.

This is getting weird I think because I've already completed my profile, taken some tests and put my portfolio. I'm Top Level designer one of the famous company you all may guess, and it started to make me think about the question that whether there is a correlation between my reason to rejection and my experience being Top Level designer in one of the popular freelancer platform which belongs to the similar industry with Upwork.

Is there anyone to help me about this issue?

I really want to be part of this community and offer my proffessional service here as well. Should I give up sending my profile for review? I know it is not only me. I just wanted to know whether it is only a luck-related issue or it is the human included in the approval process.  

My profile is: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01dca94c0c07f4df32

There could be some points that I miss and needs to be improved. I would be happy if you guys provide some feedback on my profile.

Cheers.

Frequent Visitor
Minu J Member Since: Feb 9, 2019

Hello,

I have subimmited my profie twice and It's not approved yet and I have updated my Skills& portfolios as well could you please let me know what else needs to be done so my profile will be approved ?

Frequent Visitor
Sinan B Member Since: Jan 2, 2019

I am also having the same problem. 

My profile looks fine to me and my designs also fine. Can someone please help me ? Because I couldn't get any answer from the bot. Smiley Sad