This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Profile not being approved

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Stella C Member Since: Jan 27, 2018

Hi! I've been trying to have my profile approved for the past two weeks and have been consistently making changes and improvements to improve my chances, but to no success. Can anyone help me out on what I might be doing wrong? Smiley Happy

Thank you so much!

Stella

4 REPLIES
Frequent Visitor
Timothy B Member Since: Feb 4, 2019

Hi Stella
I'm the same. 
I've been reading through the forum all afternoon and there are many people with this problem. In one post I learned that 98% of new profile applications are now rejected. Often people were told directly to find a less overcrowded platform, implying Upwork has become oversaturated.
I have a highly unusual background combining intercultural business communication skills with interactive digital copywriting (and I was previously employed by one of the world's leading advertising agencies).
I've tried submitting my profile twice so far. Firstly, as a general freelance writer, then rephrasing my profile to focus on my 'unique' skills, but without success.

I've read that Upwork now has 10000 applicants per day, so there is no way that people can be making these decisions and it must be automated. I've also read that to more times you are rejected, the less your chance of acceptance becomes. 

Have you made any progress? Sorry I cannot offer you more help.
Tim

Frequent Visitor
Timothy B Member Since: Feb 4, 2019

Useful link: https://www.upwork.com/press/2018/11/13/q3-2018-skills/
Perhaps they are approving profiles for these skills?
Tim

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Stella C wrote:

Hi! I've been trying to have my profile approved for the past two weeks and have been consistently making changes and improvements to improve my chances, but to no success. Can anyone help me out on what I might be doing wrong? Smiley Happy

Thank you so much!

Stella

Hi Stella!

I think that the way you presented your concern is valid in terms of format.  I can "see" that you used the pronoun "I" and you stated your truth without being offensive to anyone.  I can read your question.  And I think that your post has been formulated in a polite fashion as you ended it with a "thank you" note.

When I was a beginner at this platform, I was often reminded to avoid being a "whiner" especially when trying to extend threads just for this purpose.

The one who will "insult" you might turn out to be your "problem solver".  So, hang on! 

Where is Petra?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018

Juvy Ann P wrote:

Stella C wrote:

Thank you so much!

Stella

Hi Stella!

I think that the way you presented your concern is valid in terms of format.  I can "see" that you used the pronoun "I" and you stated your truth without being offensive to anyone.  I can read your question.  And I think that your post has been formulated in a polite fashion as you ended it with a "thank you" note.

When I was a beginner at this platform, I was often reminded to avoid being a "whiner" especially when trying to extend threads just for this purpose.

The one who will "insult" you might turn out to be your "problem solver".  So, hang on! 

Where is Petra?

Petra is busy making smoothies out of fruit from her garden. I need to move to Italy.