This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Need Help for Withdraw from Philippines

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Abduljashan M Member Since: Jun 20, 2015

I am a new freelancer on oDesk. I want to ask that what is the best method to withdraw money from Philippines. Please help me to choose the best method. Regards

11 REPLIES 11
David F Member Since: Jun 4, 2015

I use UnionBank Eon debit card. Process money on Wendesday and able to withdraw by Thursday night. Never had issues using UnionBank. I have several friends using BDO and BPI. 

Frequent Visitor
Raphael Jasper Nei O Member Since: Dec 5, 2015

Hi, I have unionbank passbook account, will I be able to transfer my money from here to my bank account? And what is the brstn code? where to get that? Thanks!

Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010

@Raphael Jasper Nei O wrote:

Hi, I have unionbank passbook account, will I be able to transfer my money from here to my bank account? And what is the brstn code? where to get that? Thanks!

Yup. Most banks are accepted. I Googled for the BRSTN code when I setup mine years ago.

Here > https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=brstn+codes+banks+philippines&oq=brstn+codes+banks+philippines&aq...

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Raphael, 

You may check out this article to know more about setting up Local Funds Transfer as your preferred payment method. For a list of BRSTN codes for your local bank, you may check out this help article here

I hope this helps you setup your payment method! Let us know if you have further questions. 

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Christian R Member Since: Jun 21, 2015

Hi There, For me Unionbank EON is one of the most widely used form of getting their payments thru Upwork. But I am using BPI Saving Peso account right now. Since the oDesk days, BPI and oDesk have their mutual agreement that is why I don't get a service charge whenever I withdraw from Upwork every Wednesday 8am Philippine Time. Usually when I process my withdrawal thru Upwork every Wednesday 8am Phil Time, It gets posted every Friday 5-6am. Hope this helps

Frequent Visitor
Eunice N Member Since: Oct 30, 2015

Hi Christian,Is it via Bank to Bank payment method here in Upwork,i also have BPI savings account,but it says.30usd will be the withrawal fee,i guess its too much,the other options such as paypal and payoneer,is quite complicated since it is accepting credit card to be verified,please advice me on what are better options to get my fund straight to my BPI account..thanks so much

Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010

The best method for me is bank transfer via BPI or BDO. There are no fees except for the withdrawal fee from Upwork. 

Biboy B Member Since: Jun 22, 2016
Please help me. Is RCBC Mu Wallet Visa Card acceptable for local fund transfer? Please help me anf gyide me on how to withdraw my money from Upwrok. This is my first time and I had a hard time doing it. My Payment is alrrady avaialble june 11 but until now i cant withdraw my money from upwork. Please help me.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Biboy,

You need to use a proper bank acccount, since you can't withdraw to a credit card. You can find more information in this Help article.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS